AM Midtown January 21st

MattTrain

I like how the new prevosts now have a different wheelchair logo, including the 2700 units and most of the older units are repainted. 

Oh I just realized that new wheelchair logo, I think it looks nice too. Thanks. 

I was noticing that too in previous posts, but I was wondering if repaints were actually getting the new one or if it was just on factory-fresh ones.  This post helps to answer that question, since the Repaint Roster is accurate in that regard.

However, it seems the new logos are confined to repaints of express buses, as far as I've noticed.

But this post is a terrific catalog of the express bus fleet.  Great job!

I was noticing that too in previous posts, but I was wondering if repaints were actually getting the new one or if it was just on factory-fresh ones.  This post helps to answer that question, since the Repaint Roster is accurate in that regard.

However, it seems the new logos are confined to repaints of express buses, as far as I've noticed.

But this post is a terrific catalog of the express bus fleet.  Great job!

I like how the new prevosts now have a different wheelchair logo, including the 2700 units and most of the older units are repainted. 

That logo is actually a change mandated by the ADA after complaints that the old logo was offensive for the handicapped. It's supposed to replace every wheelchair logo in the entire bus and subway system at some point, but for now it's being slapped on for new repaints and arriving on new models (LFSes, Prevosts, XD40s, etc.). Of course, there are exceptions--brand new 2701 has the old logo, but 2503 has the new one.

Archived