MTA proposes 24-hour Bx24 service

GreatOne2k

Riders (there) would rather wait for the bus & ride the loop (through Country Club) over walking to Bruckner Blvd & waiting for the Bx5 or the Q50..... I kinda don't blame them for that - Lazy me would do the same thing too....

If you live in an area with subpar bus service & you need that bus route, you know its schedule & know when to (get ready to) leave your house & what not..... Very much akin to those that take the RR; You will hear the area around a platform go from bird/cricket sounds & blowing wind (I call it "hearing the atmosphere) to a bunch of salutations, car horns, garbled sounds from multiple people talking.... Basically, hearing people hustle for a train..... All within 5 minutes of a train arriving.

(Of course, I'm not talking about major stations like GCT, Jamaica, Penn, etc.)

Or you keep BusTime open all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

divert from PBP? no! a new route can do that. that would be a creation of a new route with 30 minute (days) and 60 min (nights) intervals from Co-op City to HMC to be named Bx48 and and operate out of Eastchester, becoming a 3rd MTABC route alongside Bx23 & Q50.  

Never said diverted from PBP, just extended to the HMC.  As for new route number in addition to the Bx23, I'm open for that too.

Archived