ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

10 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

That's true even posting and YX all the PM jobs I got were 6 PM at the latest. I guess they just say PM jobs go until 2159 but they don't really  have any past 1800

You're lucky. I used to win the yard jobs at Westchester Yard and Livonia that started at 2100. The WES daily versions ran from 2100 to 0700 AM. 

Once you hit the road, you may see some GO jobs that start in the 1900 to 2100 range with one or several trips depending on the line and the nature of the GO. They're not uncommon to see in the A Division, but less common now compared to before the pandemic.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

You're lucky. I used to win the yard jobs at Westchester Yard and Livonia that started at 2100. The WES daily versions ran from 2100 to 0700 AM. 

Once you hit the road, you may see some GO jobs that start in the 1900 to 2100 range with one or several trips depending on the line and the nature of the GO. They're not uncommon to see in the A Division, but less common now compared to before the pandemic.

Oh ok!  I worked some days on the midnight tour as well, just all the PM jobs have been anywhere from 1400 to 1800. 

Just received a conditional offer email for May 16 class. They want me to come in Thrsday at 10. Unfortunately I need documents from my drs that I cant get by then. Is there someone I can talk to about being put on medical hold so I dont waste a day of sick time to go there?

Edited by thegameksk

6 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Just received a conditional offer email for Medical May 16. They want me to come in Thrsday at 10. Unfortunately I need documents from my drs that I cant get by then. Is there someone I can talk to about being put on medical hold so I dont waste a day of sick time to go there?

Just come in to start the process and the transit doctor will put u on hold themself.

13 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Just received a conditional offer email for May 16 class. They want me to come in Thrsday at 10. Unfortunately I need documents from my drs that I cant get by then. Is there someone I can talk to about being put on medical hold so I dont waste a day of sick time to go there?

What’s your list again 

15 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

How long after pre emplyoment and medical did you get the conditional offer?

7 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Called today for pre employ?

Not today. Technically I was supposed to go in March 23rd for it but couldn’t due to personal matters. But I am going in Monday 10am. Was called today to be told that. 

I was reading an article how the training has been cut down due to a huge short staff of T/O. Is this true? If so I understand training is normally 6-9 months. Depending on alphabet or number train lines. Correct me if I am wrong. 

22 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

34xx

About 3 weeks

Interesting!! sounds promising for me I guess....

Took drug test on 4/2. So if my calculations are correct, following your same trend then I should get that conditional offer by next weekend/end of month. Wishful thinking on my part. Lol! 

List # 351*

Thank you!

4 hours ago, TA718 said:

Not today. Technically I was supposed to go in March 23rd for it but couldn’t due to personal matters. But I am going in Monday 10am. Was called today to be told that. 

I was reading an article how the training has been cut down due to a huge short staff of T/O. Is this true? If so I understand training is normally 6-9 months. Depending on alphabet or number train lines. Correct me if I am wrong. 

yes it's 6 months now for the B division. Used to be 9

5 hours ago, thegameksk said:

Just reschedule your appointment via email they'll accommodate you. 

michelle.rivera-vargas@nyct.com

Edited by rondread445

43 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

yes it's 6 months now for the B division. Used to be 9

Gotcha. So I am assuming for the A division is less then 6 or is it still 6 months. Reason I ask because a friend of mine was hired about two years ago and he’s the one who told me how one training is 6 months and the other one is 9 months. 

2 hours ago, skywalker said:

Has anybody else received medical email? My list number is 32xx and still nothing yet. Specifically anybody between 3200’s-3300’s, I see that 3400’s are starting to receive email...is this normal?

My list # is also 328× and I went for pre employment twice. The 1st time Jan 5th and the 2nd time Mar 16th and I'm still waiting for them to call me for medical as well. Do you think they may have us do pre employment a third time if our drug tests expires again?

Just now, Banks718 said:

Went in yesterday for Pre employment and Drug screening. Is medical next ? How long after does the drug screening come back and how long after it comes back are we called for medical ?

Remind us of your list number again? And generally it could be from 3 days to 3 weeks