ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, skywalker said:

Has anybody else received medical email? My list number is 32xx and still nothing yet. Specifically anybody between 3200’s-3300’s, I see that 3400’s are starting to receive email...is this normal?

Nope I’m still waiting as well. Went in for my second pre-employment 3/15/22 haven’t heard anything back yet. 

List Number: 321*

34 minutes ago, DreamBiG said:

Nope I’m still waiting as well. Went in for my second pre-employment 3/15/22 haven’t heard anything back yet. 

List Number: 321*

Okay cool. I was just checking because someone with 3400 said they received their conditional offer letter for the May 16th. I’m 322*, I also did my second pre-employment on 3/15.

14 hours ago, KingATB said:

My list # is also 328× and I went for pre employment twice. The 1st time Jan 5th and the 2nd time Mar 16th and I'm still waiting for them to call me for medical as well. Do you think they may have us do pre employment a third time if our drug tests expires again?

Hopefully we won’t since the next class is May 16th. Fingers crossed while we still wait.

3 minutes ago, Banks718 said:

Any idea why u guys doing pre employment so many times ? Is that a normal thing ?

From what I’ve seen on this forum they canvass a lot of people just to fill a few spots, So yeah you can end up doing 2/3 pre-employments before you get called for medical.  

Just now, skywalker said:

From what I’ve seen on this forum they canvass a lot of people just to fill a few spots, So yeah you can end up doing 2/3 pre-employments before you get called for medical.  

They do that more with our list in particular because it’s been so long and they don’t wanna waste time on people Who have moved on, moved, gotten sick, don’t want the job, etc

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

They do that more with our list in particular because it’s been so long and they don’t wanna waste time on people Who have moved on, moved, gotten sick, don’t want the job, etc

Yeah, I understand that. No complaints on my end just trying to understand their process a little. Also it’s kind of beneficially gives you time to get your health and documents in order.

21 hours ago, TA718 said:

Gotcha. So I am assuming for the A division is less then 6 or is it still 6 months. Reason I ask because a friend of mine was hired about two years ago and he’s the one who told me how one training is 6 months and the other one is 9 months. 

Why is the A division only 6 months ? Or more so shorter than the B.Whats the difference in divisions

On 4/11/2022 at 3:08 PM, Shelly0114 said:

Interesting!! sounds promising for me I guess....

Took drug test on 4/2. So if my calculations are correct, following your same trend then I should get that conditional offer by next weekend/end of month. Wishful thinking on my part. Lol! 

List # 351*

Thank you!

So from the drug test to the conditional offer it should take a few months ?

5 minutes ago, Banks718 said:

Why is the A division only 6 months ? Or more so shorter than the B.Whats the difference in divisions

Well I was told either the number trains or alphabet trains one of them has a lot more then the other. Hence why one training is longer then the other. From what I was told before. 

21 hours ago, TA718 said:

Gotcha. So I am assuming for the A division is less then 6 or is it still 6 months. Reason I ask because a friend of mine was hired about two years ago and he’s the one who told me how one training is 6 months and the other one is 9 months. 

I believe the A is less than 6 months since they cut the YX part of the training. Also some A classes were sent to the B after finishing the entire course and had to go back to schoolcar for a while.

19 minutes ago, Banks718 said:

The B division is 6 months the A division is shorter I think . That's because the B division has many more lines and more yards and stations. Not sure if the B has more type of trains to learn as well. Does the A use smee trains?

29 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

The B division is 6 months the A division is shorter I think . That's because the B division has many more lines and more yards and stations. Not sure if the B has more type of trains to learn as well. Does the A use smee trains?

Ohhh ok.So im guessin its more overtime and money on the B division 

1 hour ago, FilippoSironi said:

A div we only got one SMEE and one new tech.  both types of trains has an "A" model.  so totally 4 trains technically if u know what i mean.  our YX got cut short.  only 1 month.  they really rush rush rush it and some days the lessons are really nothing and lacking.  so in terms of 'school car' it's not really all there.  unfortunate cuz incidents HAS already happened and WILL happen more once we're on the road.  

do you prefer SMEE or New Tech??

Just now, trackerjack said:

A div we only got one SMEE and one new tech.  both types of trains has an "A" model.  so totally 4 trains technically if u know what i mean.  our YX got cut short.  only 1 month.  they really rush rush rush it and some days the lessons are really nothing and lacking.  so in terms of 'school car' it's not really all there.  unfortunate cuz incidents HAS already happened and WILL happen more once we're on the road.  

do you prefer SMEE or New Tech??

NTT all day everyday