ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 4/14/2022 at 1:49 AM, thegameksk said:

I'm in the same boat. Im right by last stop on the M train.  Hoping I can get B division. I don't drive so to get to the Pelham for example would be 2 hrs and multiple trains. 

Exactly! Would be much easier. But If I have to drive then i’ll drive. Gotta do what you gotta do right 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/13/2022 at 5:39 PM, FilippoSironi said:

yes definitely. We  went to Jamaica Yards a lot and Pitkin Yards is right on the border of Queens and Brooklyn and we went there a lot too. 

Awesome! So it’s good to know which divison is best for someone who lives in specific boroughs. What’s the train yard called in Casey Stengal? The one in Flushing, Queens. 

Hey guys. A lot of people disappear from this forum after they get in, just wanna give some input. I’m 31xx. Started in the April class. So far it’s smooth. You get a lot of material and ppe first week in. The pre employment was a pain, but the medical date is your in date. Took a few hours to get done but once you do, expect to be in the May class two weeks after that medical date. Starting pay is actually 36.50 which is more than what I expected. Good luck to you all. There’s definitely a may class. 

btw. There is 80 of us in this class and expecting 80 in the next. 

28 minutes ago, Em93 said:

Hey guys. A lot of people disappear from this forum after they get in, just wanna give some input. I’m 31xx. Started in the April class. So far it’s smooth. You get a lot of material and ppe first week in. The pre employment was a pain, but the medical date is your in date. Took a few hours to get done but once you do, expect to be in the May class two weeks after that medical date. Starting pay is actually 36.50 which is more than what I expected. Good luck to you all. There’s definitely a may class. 

Thanks for the information, I really hope they call me before the list expires , my list number is 5,18x .

I’m currently a probation conductor on the A   Division  live in Brooklyn (P.S) the division pick me  and I love it easier to learn 

and my list number for train operator 391x

im currently waiting for medical also as I did my pre employment on the April 6

2 hours ago, Em93 said:

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. I’m going Monday to hand in the pre-employment pack. Hopefully soon after can do the drug test and speed things up. 

8 hours ago, TA718 said:

Awesome! So it’s good to know which divison is best for someone who lives in specific boroughs. What’s the train yard called in Casey Stengal? The one in Flushing, Queens. 

that's Corona Yards, it's A division, I believe it's a CBTC yard. 

4 hours ago, Em93 said:

Nice congrats! Were you at Stillwell Yard today with the new classes learning how to climb up the train?

4 hours ago, Jjbb said:

For those that went through school car already. For how long you be on AM, M thru F schedule 

School car is M thru F , can be Am Pm or Midnight you don’t have a saying 

but you get the weekend off until you actually finished school car and go to real world 

7 minutes ago, Gullys said:

School car is M thru F , can be Am Pm or Midnight you don’t have a saying 

but you get the weekend off until you actually finished school car and go to real world 

The information I needed to know. Thanks! Was wondering what the schedule would be like for school car. I assumed M thru F. But wasn’t sure of time. 

9 hours ago, Jjbb said:

For those that went through school car already. For how long you be on AM, M thru F schedule 

you will be 7 am for the most part during the classroom part of schoolcar. You are Monday through Friday unless you have to do a pratical, praticals are on Saturday. When you're posting you will be on AM, PM, Midnights. When you are YX you can be working weekends: I'm working tomorrow as a YX in fact. They will give you a schedule for the whole 6 months you're in schoolcar. 

1 hour ago, thegameksk said:

What exactly is laying up a train?

I’m assuming it’s parking it up at the yard for the day or just moving it. Basically same terms used when you’re also a Bus Operator. Like pulling the bus in. Just means your taking it into the yard/depot. 

On 4/16/2022 at 8:48 AM, FilippoSironi said:

you will be 7 am for the most part during the classroom part of schoolcar. You are Monday through Friday unless you have to do a pratical, praticals are on Saturday. When you're posting you will be on AM, PM, Midnights. When you are YX you can be working weekends: I'm working tomorrow as a YX in fact. They will give you a schedule for the whole 6 months you're in schoolcar. 

LOL this is so funny.  almost a full circle right??

Hey everyone! I’m list 344*. Went down For pre-employment 2 weeks ago and did the urine test and no call back. I was the one that had surgery on my shoulder and can’t be cleared by my surgeon to go back to work until at least 6 more weeks? Am I going to lose this opportunity? Getting nervous since I hadn’t heard anything.