ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

Seriously!!!! My appointment is at 12 too im thinking about getting there super early just to let them know im deadas* serious lol

I’ll get there early but not 6am , I’ll let you know what time I get there and what time everything happens…..I’m just curious how far we are on medicals here 

14 hours ago, lizzydriver said:

i hope they give the 4000s a chance :(

What shift is best for folks who don't like human interaction from coworkers / supervisors / dispatchers?  AM vs PM vs Mid-nights??  I just want to be left alone.

supervisors and dispatchers are always there . maybe on the midnights there are less coworkers. 

14 hours ago, lizzydriver said:

i hope they give the 4000s a chance :(

What shift is best for folks who don't like human interaction from coworkers / supervisors / dispatchers?  AM vs PM vs Mid-nights??  I just want to be left alone.

Compared to most jobs, train op has very little human interaction. There is still some, but as someone who also doesn't like too much human interaction i will say I'm comfortable. I might speak to 1 or 2 passengers a day at most but I'm AMs. I say good morning to the dispatcher, tss and my partner, but there isn't much conversation going on. Most of your shift u are in your cab alone. I used to do customer service for 4 years before this and i prefer the peace and quiet, but it isn't absolute and u will still have to talk to some especially in schoolcar and especially when u are on probation and TSSs are riding your train everyday.

Edit: if you have social anxiety, you are going to absolutely hate road posting. Some of these older TOs are very chatty and love having someone in their cab to dump their life story and conspiracy theories on. Personally, I couldn't stand it.

Edited by beanz

Just now, STtoMTA said:

You’ve been waiting a month for medical? Have you called?

No I haven’t I’m currently a conductor so I know the process take long

but I’m trying see what medical list number they call so far if mine got skip

8 hours ago, Gullys said:

No I haven’t I’m currently a conductor so I know the process take long

but I’m trying see what medical list number they call so far if mine got skip

The last person to mention they went to medical was 35XX

On 4/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, CC1191 said:

List #35xx got the conditional offer email today went for pre employment/drug test on the 28th will be in the may 16th class if i pass the medical on Thursday!

I went in yesterday for Medical. But was put on hold. Going to get that taken care of and following up with my own physician tomorrow. Hopefully transit gets back to me ASAP after sending them that email they told me to send. So I can make it to my 5/16 class. 

List #34xx

2 hours ago, TA718 said:

I went in yesterday for Medical. But was put on hold. Going to get that taken care of and following up with my own physician tomorrow. Hopefully transit gets back to me ASAP after sending them that email they told me to send. So I can make it to my 5/16 class. 

List #34xx

Sorry to hear that, were there a lot of people for TO there?

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

Sorry to hear that, were there a lot of people for TO there?

No biggie. And honestly I saw the sign in sheet. It was a lot for buses. For TO I only saw about 4-5 names including myself. Believe we were there for medical all of us. But it was a lot of buses and some track workers. 

2 minutes ago, TA718 said:

No biggie. And honestly I saw the sign in sheet. It was a lot for buses. For TO I only saw about 4-5 names including myself. Believe we were there for medical all of us. But it was a lot of buses and some track workers. 

Alright thanks, I’m going in for pre employ tomorrow 

16 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Alright thanks, I’m going in for pre employ tomorrow 

Nice. You should get a call back for medical within 2-4 weeks like everyone has been saying. I went in for pre employ on 4/20 and was called on 4/28 to come in for medical for 5/2. So they are moving along fairly quick. Just have this hiccup on the medical leave which I know will be taken care of but i’m hoping transit gets back to me fast on the email. 

4 minutes ago, TA718 said:

Nice. You should get a call back for medical within 2-4 weeks like everyone has been saying. I went in for pre employ on 4/20 and was called on 4/28 to come in for medical for 5/2. So they are moving along fairly quick. Just have this hiccup on the medical leave which I know will be taken care of but i’m hoping transit gets back to me fast on the email. 

I was looking and some people

have been waiting a month but for you it was only a week to get the call

4 hours ago, TA718 said:

List #34xx

When I got put on medical hold they got back to me in 3 days but they gave me an appointment for 2 weeks later so I missed my class

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

I was looking and some people

have been waiting a month but for you it was only a week to get the call

Yea I got really lucky. Not sure if it’s because I was called before. Because I had originally a pre employ back in March 23rd. But I couldn’t make it since the email went to spam and I wasn’t aware. So I contacted them immediately and they contacted me a week after telling me to go on 4/20 and so I did and took care of everything that day. Had my forms signed and filled before goin in. 

1 minute ago, FilippoSironi said:

When I got put on medical hold they got back to me in 3 days but they gave me an appointment for 2 weeks later so I missed my class

Damn. Yea that’s what I am afraid of. I mean it is what it is if I miss it but I also want to just start on the date they gave me. Like I said right after my medical hold yesterday I went to my doctors to have this taken care of. So now I’m doing a follow up tomorrow and Thursday to make sure. So i’m hoping to go to transit next week so I can make it for my 5/16 class. 

Just now, TA718 said:

Damn. Yea that’s what I am afraid of. I mean it is what it is if I miss it but I also want to just start on the date they gave me. Like I said right after my medical hold yesterday I went to my doctors to have this taken care of. So now I’m doing a follow up tomorrow and Thursday to make sure. So i’m hoping to go to transit next week so I can make it for my 5/16 class. 

You might clear it on time. I only had 6 days from the day I was put on medical hold to when the class started. 

Just now, FilippoSironi said:

You might clear it on time. I only had 6 days from the day I was put on medical hold to when the class started. 

Oh wow so yea you were literally on that one week. I got one extra so yea you’re right I may just clear it on time. Im praying 🙏🏽 that I do. Really looking forward to this. My vision test was strange they made me test with my contacts, with my glasses and then without any of them.