ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

10 hours ago, CA93 said:

Anyone else was told to email DCAS the week of feb 26

Yes I was told the same I emailed them this week and they saying I’m still on the list but there’s no upcoming classes . I was placed on medical hold .

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Trini2 said:

Yes I was told the same I emailed them this week and they saying I’m still on the list but there’s no upcoming classes . I was placed on medical hold .

I saw there was a March 4 class supposedly wondering why we didn’t get added to that class. Hoping it’s true that there are classes in April and we getting called for those

On 2/26/2024 at 8:57 PM, CA93 said:

I saw there was a March 4 class supposedly wondering why we didn’t get added to that class. Hoping it’s true that there are classes in April and we getting called for those

classes are usually held end of the month.  not beginning of the month.  unless they change things....which Transit does every damn day
passwords compromised?  uh oh.  did this forum got hacked?  

Yeah they sound unsure what’s going on I’m going down there next week but I’m wondering the next location(149 Pierrepont Street)  is it up and running ? They keep telling me email dcas and I did that twice already with their response saying I’m on the list . I’m just trying clear my medical my father say MTA agents down there be sitting down on paperwork 

32 minutes ago, Trini2 said:

Yeah they sound unsure what’s going on I’m going down there next week but I’m wondering the next location(149 Pierrepont Street)  is it up and running ? They keep telling me email dcas and I did that twice already with their response saying I’m on the list . I’m just trying clear my medical my father say MTA agents down there be sitting down on paperwork 

Let me know what happens when you do go down there and yeah they have officially moved to the new address 

On 3/5/2024 at 5:20 PM, CA93 said:

Let me know what happens when you do go down there and yeah they have officially moved to the new address 

Yes I went there the new location is changed up . You can’t go upstairs without an appointment . But I know someone who works for mta who meet me there and when I went up they said every two weeks they get the dcas with eligible candidates . You gotta have get confirmation once your name was restored then it’s all about waiting for your number to be called .

Hi guys, so I’m in a weird spot with my list#. I took the test, passed and got my list#.  I was called in 2022 for the pre-employment process but couldn’t go because I moved. Now that I’m back, I see my list # is still active and will expire Sept. 2024. Looking to see how can I get reconsidered for the TO position. I contacted MTA and they told me to contact DCAS. DCAS is giving me a generic response saying “ You will get called once your list number is reached.” My question is does anyone know of someone getting called for pre-employment twice? 

2 minutes ago, BrakePipeRuptureBoy said:

INSIDE INFO!!
List # is up to mid-8000s now
Also in July of this year - the list is slated to Expire!

List has been in the mid 8000 since December of last year. The list was posted to expire in September of this year, not July.

21 minutes ago, BrakePipeRuptureBoy said:

INSIDE INFO!!
List # is up to mid-8000s now
Also in July of this year - the list is slated to Expire!

BOOOOOOOOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I told you not to come on here to start ruckus!!! 
Better hit those Induction books so you won't fail the rupture test or else...the belt will be the least of your concerns

3 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

List has been in the mid 8000 since December of last year. The list was posted to expire in September of this year, not July.

Oh so what if they pass your number how do you call Mta direct to find out what exact number they up too ?? That number not working every time I call 

8 minutes ago, CA93 said:

I was told by DCAS that they are up to 7160

And I don’t know how they are at lower number if this was after I was already called and did all the paper work and drug test but was put on medical hold due to sleep apnea and when I was back with everything I was told they were no longer hiring  so I don’t know what to do 

Edited by CA93

• 2 weeks later...

Just got called for pre-employment for TO. Quick story, Last year I went through two pre-employment processes which was this one and track worker. I ended up going for track worker because the hiring process was literary three months and for this position I did three drug test in the span of 8 months and never got called for medical until I was few months into track.I'm about to finish my probation next month. Last month I did promotional for TO with no issues. My question is, should i pass on this pre-employment and wait for the promotional pre-employment? My thought process is that if I wait for the promotional employment,get the job and lets say I get fired for some reason, I can get demoted back to track instead of losing both jobs at the same time. Let me know what you guys think. Sry for the long text lol

16 minutes ago, mnbvcxz730 said:

Just got called for pre-employment for TO. Quick story, Last year I went through two pre-employment processes which was this one and track worker. I ended up going for track worker because the hiring process was literary three months and for this position I did three drug test in the span of 8 months and never got called for medical until I was few months into track.I'm about to finish my probation next month. Last month I did promotional for TO with no issues. My question is, should i pass on this pre-employment and wait for the promotional pre-employment? My thought process is that if I wait for the promotional employment,get the job and lets say I get fired for some reason, I can get demoted back to track instead of losing both jobs at the same time. Let me know what you guys think. Sry for the long text lol

That may not be accurate. My classmate was a conductor and is now a TO from open competitive. He will be able to go back as conductor …. Not that he is planning to.

Just got the call to come in for pre employment on April 1st. The email had a link to schedule the drug test myself this time. It seems that it is being done separately? Last time they did the drug test when I came in for pre employment. I scheduled my drug test for next week. Will the pre employment process move faster this time since the drug test will already be completed when I arrive for pre employment ? 

On 3/11/2024 at 5:53 PM, af105 said:

Hi guys, so I’m in a weird spot with my list#. I took the test, passed and got my list#.  I was called in 2022 for the pre-employment process but couldn’t go because I moved. Now that I’m back, I see my list # is still active and will expire Sept. 2024. Looking to see how can I get reconsidered for the TO position. I contacted MTA and they told me to contact DCAS. DCAS is giving me a generic response saying “ You will get called once your list number is reached.” My question is does anyone know of someone getting called for pre-employment twice? 

Hi, yes I was called 3 times and finally went for it & I’m almost done training.  If you’re still active once they get to the bottom of the list they normally start over again from the very top of the list and start calling ppl that were deferred on the wait list  for whatever reason. 

14 hours ago, Youngking said:

Just got the call to come in for pre employment on April 1st. The email had a link to schedule the drug test myself this time. It seems that it is being done separately? Last time they did the drug test when I came in for pre employment. I scheduled my drug test for next week. Will the pre employment process move faster this time since the drug test will already be completed when I arrive for pre employment ? 

I did the same thing but quickly noticed it stated that it said it has to match the date that’s on the email invite idk what’s the purpose of booking link honestly 

13 hours ago, Trini2 said:

I did the same thing but quickly noticed it stated that it said it has to match the date that’s on the email invite idk what’s the purpose of booking link honestly 

Thanks for the heads up I fixed it 

On 3/22/2024 at 11:29 PM, Uptownsocialite said:

Hi, yes I was called 3 times and finally went for it & I’m almost done training.  If you’re still active once they get to the bottom of the list they normally start over again from the very top of the list and start calling ppl that were deferred on the wait list  for whatever reason. 

Yup thanks you were right, I got called in for pre-employment on April 1st!