ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

19 minutes ago, Cashdiior said:

Anybody know when this list # expire ??!! How long  did they extent it last time I heard they had one every month for this year but don’t know how true that is 

We will never know that answer until they officially make that announcement, which hasnt been announced. But my assumption would be that until they establish and open another list, they will continue to extend this list and exhaust it until then.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/5/2024 at 6:29 PM, Cashdiior said:

Anybody know when this list # expire ??!! How long  did they extent it last time I heard they had one every month for this year but don’t know how true that is 

I heard it expired but then my classmate told me his friend got into the next class in late january so i dont know who to believe everyone has tehir own opinions and 411s

On 1/7/2024 at 12:30 AM, SchoolCarMasochist said:

I heard it expired but then my classmate told me his friend got into the next class in late january so i dont know who to believe everyone has tehir own opinions and 411s

Do you know the date for that late January class ? 

On 1/5/2024 at 6:29 PM, Cashdiior said:

I think until September 2024

I got restored to the list Oct 13 n had rescheduled an old pre employment date and Took my drug test the 17 of October and have been waiting for my medical. I had called dcas for test status and was told by the automated system the last person appointed was in the 7000 my list number is 66xx. I have been emailing people asking for clarification on the why ppl after me were being appointed. I got an email stating I wasn’t on the current cert list which is from sept. I was told I received a lab appointment in error and would have to wait till they exhausted the current September 2023 cert list which I’m not on n they get new one from dcas which I’m on and there was no definite date for that. Can someone explain if this is right if not what I can do about this?

This is to notify you that the following numbered items apply to you if there is an “X” next to the number.
X 1. You were considered and not selected on the Open Competitive List for a Train Operator
(Yard) vacancy.
If there is an “X” next to items 2, 3, 4, or 5, you are ineligible under the rules of the City Personnel Director
for further certification from the civil service list specified above for the following reasons:

X 2. You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (c),
of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director.

Someone I know got 1in3’d 

What does this mean in a case of a former employee who left to pursue another job? 

On 1/15/2024 at 10:26 AM, Bobo said:

Anybody have a number to call at 180 Livingston ? The one I have goes to answering machine leave a message , never get a call back. 

Yea, this is why we tell people to go to 180 in person to find out what's going on.

On 1/15/2024 at 10:26 AM, Bobo said:

Anybody have a number to call at 180 Livingston ? The one I have goes to answering machine leave a message , never get a call back. 

you must go there and exert your dominance and do not back down if they challenge you aggressively. do not cower. this is the attitude that will help you survive down in the tunnels

52 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

you must go there and exert your dominance and do not back down if they challenge you aggressively. do not cower. this is the attitude that will help you survive down in the tunnels

Stare the guy in the front in the eyes as u piss on the counter and then ask for a starting date 🤣

I came in and took the drug test and gave my application a week ago. I have no worries about the drug test so I am just wondering what the next steps of the process are? What is the timeline? Also am I a lock at this point to be hired once everything else is completed? 

I was planning on moving to Florida so I have everything on hold at the moment but I will need to do something soon so I was wondering if anyone knew these answers?

1 hour ago, Transporter said:

I came in and took the drug test and gave my application a week ago. I have no worries about the drug test so I am just wondering what the next steps of the process are? What is the timeline? Also am I a lock at this point to be hired once everything else is completed? 

I was planning on moving to Florida so I have everything on hold at the moment but I will need to do something soon so I was wondering if anyone knew these answers?

No you're not locked in. You will need to do final processing which can take a week or MONTHS from now, IF youre chosen to come back. At final processing you will need to be cleared 100% from medical. If anything is found that you need to do extra medical research, then theyll put u on medical hold which will also delay your final processing. That also can take weeks or months. It also depends on when or how often they need to make a TO class. 

Edited by Jsalcedo718
Typo

7 hours ago, Transporter said:

Classmate showed me a text he got saying there is rumor saying the last class is in Feb.  So for what it's worth you should just live your life and move but you can always come back if they call you.  for me it was drug test then medical and then they hire you on the spot after medical but then if you have health issues they can postpone it as this was what happened to a few guys i met during that day.

• 2 weeks later...

This is for the newly hired folks or XX folks..

XX Employees are supposed to call the Crew Office on Friday(or Saturday) to confirm their tour and RDOs for the following week..

Even if it’s been the same for weeks or months, make the call assume nothing..

DO NOT TRUST insight or the IVR....

Too many AWOLS and wake up calls....

The most used excuse at 2 Broadway..

"The RDOs and Tours have been the same for months"

16 hours ago, RTOMan said:

This is for the newly hired folks or XX folks..

XX Employees are supposed to call the Crew Office on Friday(or Saturday) to confirm their tour and RDOs for the following week..

Even if it’s been the same for weeks or months, make the call assume nothing..

DO NOT TRUST insight or the IVR....

Too many AWOLS and wake up calls....

The most used excuse at 2 Broadway..

"The RDOs and Tours have been the same for months"

What Is IVR?

They scheduled to clear my medical hold on February 21. The last class schedule which they will send back to DCAS is on 19th. what should I expect after clear the medical hold? will they continue the hiring process? 

18 hours ago, FRANKY said:

They scheduled to clear my medical hold on February 21. The last class schedule which they will send back to DCAS is on 19th. what should I expect after clear the medical hold? will they continue the hiring process? 

If I were u I wouldn't wait for that scheduled date if u already cleared the hold. Go to 130 with the documents and act like u didn't have an appointment and maybe they'll put u in that Feb 19 class.

On 2/6/2024 at 9:11 AM, RTOMan said:

Its a  computer based phone system that gives employees info and such.

When you get hired they'll give you the number only accessible for employees.

oh, I do work for transit but in Buses as an operator. 

Question, I'm taking the promotional train operator exam this Saturday. I've been studying the rule book looking at the signals and rules...what else should I study?

4 hours ago, train1290 said:

oh, I do work for transit but in Buses as an operator. 

Question, I'm taking the promotional train operator exam this Saturday. I've been studying the rule book looking at the signals and rules...what else should I study?

Are you sure U are allowed to take the train operator promotional coming from buses? I Never heard that bus operators can promote to train op.

12 minutes ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

Are you sure U are allowed to take the train operator promotional coming from buses? I Never heard that bus operators can promote to train op.

Definitely can. I know plenty of people who promoted from B/O to T/O.