Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Nosam said:

Hi All, 

Just received notice for final process for next Thursday. Did any of you guys do your finger print or go through the second packet of paperwork?

Congratulations. What is your list number 

7 hours ago, Marv said:

How fast do your benefits kick in once your hired? 

90 days. 

Order Y'all boots ASAP and dress like you're about to Fix something around the house.

There isn't a uniform. Your clothes will get dirty. So find ya old sweaters/ clothes and wear those. While in school there wont be much manual labor but once you go to OJT there will be.

You want a feel for actual trackwork, train in the Bronx. We had two options (BX or BK)

If you're afraid of heights, pick a night shift.

If you order your boots and they are not comfortable send them back. Depending what job you pick, those 16 hr shifts will have ya feet barking.

7 minutes ago, TrainTrainGoAway said:

90 days. 

Order Y'all boots ASAP and dress like you're about to Fix something around the house.

There isn't a uniform. Your clothes will get dirty. So find ya old sweaters/ clothes and wear those. While in school there wont be much manual labor but once you go to OJT there will be.

You want a feel for actual trackwork, train in the Bronx. We had two options (BX or BK)

If you're afraid of heights, pick a night shift.

If you order your boots and they are not comfortable send them back. Depending what job you pick, those 16 hr shifts will have ya feet barking.

How high are the heights they have you at? I go in on Wednesday for final processing. So hopefully I get it. They have a website for the boots they want you to wear? 

23 minutes ago, Marv said:

How high are the heights they have you at? I go in on Wednesday for final processing. So hopefully I get it. They have a website for the boots they want you to wear? 

Look at most of the structures, my recommendation is to go days, you'll get used to the structure.

4 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Hopefully, I heard they've been sending a lot of people into cleaning. Highest seniority number in Capital Days is 2390ish.

Will find out Wednesday. God willing. Will post on here if I get it or not when I’m done. This is a crazy long process. I’m just curious do they do background checks at final processing or do they do that in the beginning? 

2 minutes ago, Marv said:

Will find out Wednesday. God willing. Will post on here if I get it or not when I’m done. This is a crazy long process. I’m just curious do they do background checks at final processing or do they do that in the beginning? 

Background check started once you got called for processing, and it ends when you retire.

14 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Yes. That means your offered a conditional offer.

So what makes the final offer? How do they decide that? Or they just bringing you in to talk to you? This process is crazy lol. Sorry to keep asking you questions bro. Just confusing to me. 

14 hours ago, Marv said:

So what makes the final offer? How do they decide that? Or they just bringing you in to talk to you? This process is crazy lol. Sorry to keep asking you questions bro. Just confusing to me. 

Hey by any chance does anyone know what list number they are up to 

14 hours ago, Marv said:

When you do pre-employment and the drug test during the first step, the MTA looks at both. If they like the packet and you pass the drug test, you are given a conditional offer of employment, meaning if you pass medical, the job is yours. There is no pass or fail with final processing. You literally just go in for finger prints and your pass photo to get your start date.

8 minutes ago, Zoey said:

When you do pre-employment and the drug test during the first step, the MTA looks at both. If they like the packet and you pass the drug test, you are given a conditional offer of employment, meaning if you pass medical, the job is yours. There is no pass or fail with final processing. You literally just go in for finger prints and your pass photo to get your start date.

Ok. Thank you. Well I guess I’m got it then. Bc I go for final processing tomorrow at 9am. 

I just got the email to go in for medical on Thursday the 13th. In the paperwork they ask if I’ve ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, I’ve been arrested twice but niether of those Times did I receive a felony or misdemeanor should I still answer yes to the question ?

1 hour ago, Aniel P said:

I just got the email to go in for medical on Thursday the 13th. In the paperwork they ask if I’ve ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, I’ve been arrested twice but niether of those Times did I receive a felony or misdemeanor should I still answer yes to the question ?

When did you do preemployment 

1 hour ago, Bkcoolguy71890 said:

What was your list number ? I did mine march 14th and haven’t heard anything yet 

My list number was 2850 I failed the drug test back in October try calling to see what’s up with you they usually call ppl back pretty quick if drug test comes back good

1 hour ago, Aniel P said:

My list number was 2850 I failed the drug test back in October try calling to see what’s up with you they usually call ppl back pretty quick if drug test comes back good

Yeah if I failed the drug test I’m sure they would’ve told me, I don’t even drink. Lol, I’m list 37** so I’m sure they just calling people infront of me I called they don’t pick up