Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kinks007 said:

There are no classes right now. It’s a pick coming up so idk when they will resume hiring 

She should at least respond back. Worse case scenario ima just pull up to Livingston. And ask for her there. 

I did but what happened was that the Saturday before the Monday I was supposed to start I broke my ankle. So just been dealing with that now. Going through physical therapy now hoping to be back on my feet and good by early/late September. God willing. 

55 minutes ago, kinks007 said:

Yeah they are terrible with communication. I definitely get it. So u decided to go forward with the job  

I did but what happened was that the Saturday before theMonday I was supposed to start I broke my ankle. So justbeen dealing with that now. Going through physical therapy now hoping to be back on my feet and good by early/lateSeptember. God willing. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 7:31 PM, Kazumavega said:

Good evening my fellow MTA family. If anyone finds out the date when classes start again, can you please let me know.

Thank you...

I called HR. They don’t know nothing  i like wow 

28 minutes ago, Bino327 said:

When you say there’s a pick coming up what do you mean by that 

General pick. Where we have to pick where we will wanna go but it’s by seniority. There won’t be any classes till like October / November. That’s what they’re saying right now.  Don’t quote me tho !

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 2:05 PM, Trackguy718 said:

I wonder if the list getting extend did pre employment in March and they just went ghost since then. Doesn’t the list expire Jan 1st what happens then if we don’t hear back even tho we did pre employment already

You can try contacting HR but they don’t seem to answer. The pick is happening this month till the middle of October. It seems like they might be taking 150 to maybe 300 more people based of the current seniority list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 8:10 AM, kinks007 said:

There are no classes right now. It’s a pick coming up so idk when they will resume hiring 

On 9/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, TW1 said:

You can try contacting HR but they don’t seem to answer. The pick is happening this month till the middle of October. It seems like they might be taking 150 to maybe 300 more people based of the current seniority list.

I’m not sure how to work this thing but I’ve been in track for almost a year now and trust me when I tell you once you get in the time flies, I feel like I was just at the union hall yesterday going over how much money mta wants out my check before I get it 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Trackguy718 said:

So they extending the list or just going to call the ppl that they called for the preemployment that still waiting from the spring ? And what’s changover?

They extending it cuz it’s gonna be 8600 exam. It’s 6 classes coming next year so far. And the changeover is after we all pick. We are going through a pick right now 

6 hours ago, kinks007 said:

They extending it cuz it’s gonna be 8600 exam. It’s 6 classes coming next year so far. And the changeover is after we all pick. We are going through a pick right now 

Thank you. How does this “pick” process work? And what exactly is a changeover?

2 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

Thank you. How does this “pick” process work? And what exactly is a changeover?

It goes by seniority. So we pick by seniority. Basically all the jobs in track are up for grabs. And the changeover is when we actually changeover to our new jobs / new locations 

3 minutes ago, kinks007 said:

It goes by seniority. So we pick by seniority. Basically all the jobs in track are up for grabs. And the changeover is when we actually changeover to our new jobs / new locations 

Thank you for your input. I am truly grateful for this response and getting a better understanding as to what is currently going on.

So will those who did pre-employment and passed drug test and medical still valid or will they have to repeat the process? 

9 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

Thank you for your input. I am truly grateful for this response and getting a better understanding as to what is currently going on.

So will those who did pre-employment and passed drug test and medical still valid or will they have to repeat the process? 

You’re welcome. I think the drug test is good for 60 days or 90 days. I forget which one it is but If it’s past either or then you definitely have to do the drug test again and the medical so yes u will be doing it again 

2 minutes ago, kinks007 said:

You’re welcome. I think the drug test is good for 60 days or 90 days. I forget which one it is but If it’s past either or then you definitely have to do the drug test again and the medical so yes u will be doing it again 

Damn lol I did mine in March what about the paper work from or employment or they going to still have it

1 minute ago, Trackguy718 said:

Damn lol I did mine in March what about the paper work from or employment or they going to still have it

lol sheeesh. Wow they made u do all of that in march ? And u didn’t start the class ? I would have been so mad lol but yes the paperwork they should definitely still have. U would definitely have to do medical and drug test again for sure. 

On 10/7/2023 at 9:27 PM, kinks007 said:

lol sheeesh. Wow they made u do all of that in march ? And u didn’t start the class ? I would have been so mad lol but yes the paperwork they should definitely still have. U would definitely have to do medical and drug test again for sure. 

Yeaaaa it’s hard out here