Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

Went for a drug test February 6th 2023 and tried numerous times to reach out to transit by phone and emails with no responses or return phone calls as to why I haven't heard anything for what it is going to be 11 months Jan 6th. Anyone else dealing with this?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Trains21 said:

Went for a drug test February 6th 2023 and tried numerous times to reach out to transit by phone and emails with no responses or return phone calls as to why I haven't heard anything for what it is going to be 11 months Jan 6th. Anyone else dealing with this?

Yes I went there in march same thing never heard back 

Prolly. After the turn over at the end of this month there’s gonna be 4 classes . Those classes were supposed to start back in december after the turn over , but the turn over ended being pushed back to the end of january 

1 hour ago, Jordan11208 said:

Prolly. After the turn over at the end of this month there’s gonna be 4 classes . Those classes were supposed to start back in december after the turn over , but the turn over ended being pushed back to the end of january 

So if I made it to preemployment I’m good ? 

21 hours ago, Bkcoolguy71890 said:

Yes I went there in march same thing never heard back 

Ngl They most likely skipped you for whatever reason. I got called back in march and There’s ppl at my quarters that got called between may and april that’s workin for transit rn 

3 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

Ngl They most likely skipped you for whatever reason. I got called back in march and There’s ppl at my quarters that got called between may and april that’s workin for transit rn 

Yeah I did preemployment in march, never heard back. Hopefully they call me back for one of those 4 classes I’m sure they will 

21 hours ago, Bkcoolguy71890 said:

Yeah I did preemployment in march, never heard back. Hopefully they call me back for one of those 4 classes I’m sure they will 

Don’t just count on hope go out there be annoying ass hell e-mail everyone from hr or somone that deals with employment at mta. I  had a convo with one of the guys i worked with last week he got skipped and said he had emailed dozens of ppl until one reached back to him , next day he went in for pre-employment again and the week after that did the drug test

Edited by Jordan11208

5 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

Don’t just count on hope go out there be annoying ass hell e-mail everyone from hr or somone that deals with employment at mta. I  had a convo with one of the guys i worked with last week he got skipped and said he had emailed dozens of ppl until one reached back to him , next day he went in for pre-employment again and the week after that did the drug test

Ok cool. Yeah I’d they skipped you then then have to do something 

7 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

I might just go in person to there 

5 hours ago, MrKnowBody141 said:

Hi I’m supposed to go to orientation on Monday Jan 8th can anyone give me a little insight about the next steps in the process will entail 

Congratulations. I also go in on the 8th

Does anyone know the dress code?

The paperwork said what not to wear but didn't say what to wear, other than workshoes/boots

7 hours ago, Bkcoolguy71890 said:

Ok good, and you said 4 more classes coming right 

Correct. Someone on here just said there gonna start orientation on the 8th of jan. 1st class should in the coming weeks or at the end of the month hopefully  

38 minutes ago, Kazumavega said:

Congratulations. I also go in on the 8th

Does anyone know the dress code?

The paperwork said what not to wear but didn't say what to wear, other than workshoes/boots

What list number they up too

On 1/7/2024 at 1:12 AM, MrKnowBody141 said:

Hi I’m supposed to go to orientation on Monday Jan 8th can anyone give me a little insight about the next steps in the process will entail 

Congratulations. When did you go for your pre employment?

I got called on the December 21,2023. I haven’t heard anything since.