Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

1 hour ago, QnsBlvd said:

Can someone please give me a description of Captial Days workload/type?

Capital day construction is long hours doing panels which are section of tracks that are done or the weekend some even or even being done during the week now the hours are long and you will be traveling to different boroughs during the weekdays and weekends some of the work can be heavy but they make alot of money due to travel time most times during the week you just back logging thats basically finishing up certain things that wasn’t finished from the last panels put in where ever you guys worked at to put them in hope that helps you with a little insight 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

Capital day construction is long hours doing panels which are section of tracks that are done or the weekend some even or even being done during the week now the hours are long and you will be traveling to different boroughs during the weekdays and weekends some of the work can be heavy but they make alot of money due to travel time most times during the week you just back logging thats basically finishing up certain things that wasn’t finished from the last panels put in where ever you guys worked at to put them in hope that helps you with a little insight 

I am thinking of picking into CD from CN work seems to be similar apart from being structure. Much appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alexcastro3418 said:

My list number is 2171 but my emailed and phone number has changed how do I find out when I been called for job or wat number you guys are on

Mines was 34xx, i got called 10 months ago , You gotta call dcas so they could restore your name to the list and update ur email and number 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, kingrygin said:

Hello everyone,

I got an email stating that I passed the initial test phase for the Trackworker position. But I have yet to hear back from them regarding the drug test and the next steps. Is this  normal wait time, has anyone been called for the drug test? 

It depends on your list number. If you don't know it, call dcas automated number and get your list number and compare it to the last number hired. 

20 hours ago, kingrygin said:

Hello everyone,

I got an email stating that I passed the initial test phase for the Trackworker position. But I have yet to hear back from them regarding the drug test and the next steps. Is this  normal wait time, has anyone been called for the drug test? 

When did you take the test ?? 

On 11/30/2023 at 9:18 AM, rskbreaker said:

It depends on your list number. If you don't know it, call dcas automated number and get your list number and compare it to the last number hired. 

I don’t think it was a civil service exam because I applied for the position on their website and they didn’t ask me to pay a fee to take the exam. 

22 hours ago, kingrygin said:

Do you know when I should expect a reply or a call for an interview?

Once you pass the test they put your name into a pool, it’s pass or fail. So how high you scored doesn’t matter. Your name is randomly pulled from a pool for a panel interview. Could be a month or could be years. They have a class in April, then in May. So just keep checking your emails. There is no telling, but you get a track job on the railroad your set buddy. You get two full sized pensions when you retire from LIRR or MNR 

On 12/6/2023 at 7:04 PM, Bkcoolguy71890 said:

Once you pass the test they put your name into a pool, it’s pass or fail. So how high you scored doesn’t matter. Your name is randomly pulled from a pool for a panel interview. Could be a month or could be years. They have a class in April, then in May. So just keep checking your emails. There is no telling, but you get a track job on the railroad your set buddy. You get two full sized pensions when you retire from LIRR or MNR 

Thank you for your response bro, I appreciate it. Damn it’s been like 4 months now.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TW1 said:

It’s not required but the doctor might make you do it during the medical process(hiring process)

Never heard a doctor making you shave during the medical process, but it is required when you do respirator training every few years. From my understanding you can try to get a medical or religious exemption.