BVE Realism question

Y2Julio

man, the speeds some of you guys go into stations is crazy. I lower my speed to 25-30KPH before entering into the station. The max I do is 70KPH on the A line while heading to Columbus circle.

That slow? On most B div trains you can come into at 60 KPH at still stop at the ten car marker. One time on an R32 on the (K) line i came into church ave at 80 KPH and still stopped at the 10 car marker!! I was shocked i thought for sure that i would overshoot the station.

That slow? On most B div trains you can come into at 60 KPH at still stop at the ten car marker. One time on an R32 on the (K) line i came into church ave at 80 KPH and still stopped at the 10 car marker!! I was shocked i thought for sure that i would overshoot the station.

LMAO...you lucky.....I can't come into a station from doing 80+ I'll pass the station and then have to restart the from that particular station. My line to speed on is the S/B (E) with the R-32....man I be doing 90+ along Queens Blvd:D

The R44's brakes are slow, i went into 145th st at 80 KPH one time and overshot the station and didn't stop until that junction where you merge with the (D) line!

That's 50MPH in real life! Do that with a real train and you will still overrun (at least if you don't dump), however to the junction might be a bit much, I think the brakes in the game are a bit weak too. I modified the R44 on my computer, I think it's more realistic, what you do is you open train.dat in the R44 folder with Notepad then where it says #Deceleration you can change the rate. The bigger the #, the faster the train stops. I forget what the default is but right now mine is set to 3.2 (kphps), and I think its pretty good.

Hell no, i clock 100+ on the (2) line from clark street. 80+ on an express track, 70+ on a local track. I drive 55MPH when coming into a station, and i still stop at the 10 car marker.Goes for any train i drive. If i skip a station, i drive at full speed, and hit the horn.

Hell no, i clock 100+ on the (2) line from clark street. 80+ on an express track, 70+ on a local track. I drive 55MPH when coming into a station, and i still stop at the 10 car marker.Goes for any train i drive. If i skip a station, i drive at full speed, and hit the horn.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounds "very safe" ;)

Archived