How come the Astoria Line doesn't run up to LaGuardia?

duelingdragons

It seems CRAZY to have the line terminate so close to LGA without going into it... I'm assuming there's some sort of legal agreement or something where they can't build onto LGA property, am I right? (Or else geographical limitations??) Although there's buses that run to LGA.

Otherwise, wouldn't it make a lot of business sense to extend that line to go to LaGuardia???!

It would sound like a great idea if the astoria line terminated at LGA. If the (A) goes to JFK, why not?. But i think it wouldent make any sense because i cant picture where will a train station in LGA be at, if LGA is not a very big airport. Laguardia isnt as big as Kennedy. Dont expect the astoria line to be extended to LGA.

It would sound like a great idea if the astoria line terminated at LGA. If the (A) goes to JFK, why not?. But i think it wouldent make any sense because i cant picture where will a train station in LGA be at, if LGA is not a very big airport. Laguardia isnt as big as Kennedy. Dont expect the astoria line to be extended to LGA.

I know LaGuardia isn't as big as JFK, and I don't expect to see it happen any time soon, if at all.

And in regards to the station, why not go back underground and have the station entrance inside the airport?

I know LaGuardia isn't as big as JFK, and I don't expect to see it happen any time soon, if at all.

And in regards to the station, why not go back underground and have the station entrance inside the airport?

Thats becuz JFK is international while LGA is just a regular airport.

As for a subway not really necessary, but AirTrain would do. Or better yet the JFK air train links to Astoia- Hoyt on (N)(W) and LGA =)

There should be an extension to LGA but I don't know if the curve to 21st avenue would be too sharp. There's also the NIMBYs in Queens which screw over every single service expansion save for a few areas. If it were to be extended then it would go udnerground once it reaches LGA.

-howard beach station is abt 1 mile west of JFK. they slapped in JFK to make tourists less anxious.

-NIMBYs

There were plans to extend the Astoria line from Ditmars to La Guardia, Giuliani was trying to push for it in the 90's but got shot down by Ditmars NIMBYs, if im not mistaken. Now there has been talks about making an airtrain from the 7 line from Woodside to La Guardia or from Willets Point, seems like another scheme to benefit the PA.

Archived