Where to take CDL classes?

Lawrence St

Northside Driving school in Ridgewood is where I went and got my CDL, great school and teachers. About 1200ish for 11 lessons, bus for road test, and the DMV appointment fee. Only took me 2 weeks to get it.

Whatever you decide I do not recommend Ferrari as they are over priced and the instructors are somewhat meh..

3 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Whatever you decide I do not recommend Ferrari as they are over priced and the instructors are somewhat meh..

I'm not here to start any arguments, however I did go to Ferrari Driving School.  I don't know about the prices, since I got my CDL 4 to 5 years ago for both the Tractor Trailer and the Bus, however both of these driving schools, along with the many others throughout the tri-state area have "packages" that you can pick and choose from. I chose the package with more lessons, @dman1455 chose a package for less lessons and we both passed the road test. Therefore, I would advise you to do your research and take it from there. (If you are interested in Ferrari, send me a Private Message (PM) and I'll guide you as far as the instructors are concerned.)

In the event you are unaware, DMV has a new "E" restriction in which, if you take your first CDL road test in a Commercial Motor Vehicle which has an automatic transmission, you will be given an "E" restriction (click here and here for more details). I know for sure that Ferrari Driving School has buses equipped with a manual transmission if you want to avoid getting this "E" restriction. Just call them for more information on where they're specifically located.

In addition, as a strong recommendation, I would also take the multiple-choice test for the School Bus "S" endorsement as well. Otherwise, if you decide to get this endorsement later on, you will have to take another road test in a similar vehicle. "Ouch" is right.

Edited by +Young+