Amtrak Northeast Corridor From Elizabeth NJ

Eric Kreszl

Nice pics and vids. I noticed the two different Acelas. One single ended and the other double ended. The double ended Acela appears to have headlights too. I never noticed this on the Acelas.

Onoe of them is not an Acela. It just have an Acela decal for whatever reason I dunno. But the double ended train, thats an Acela. The other one is an HHP-8.

The double-ended HHP8s were built to replace the ugly E60s. The single-ended locomotive is based on the bombadier JetTrain design which carry the name Acela Express.

Why do the HHP8s carry the Acela logo if they're not necessarily Acela? I never bothered to think about that one myself.

The double-ended HHP8s were built to replace the ugly E60s. The single-ended locomotive is based on the bombadier JetTrain design which carry the name Acela Express.

Why do the HHP8s carry the Acela logo if they're not necessarily Acela? I never bothered to think about that one myself.

In my opinion When Amtrak first launched the Acela they really tried promoted it by painting acela on everything the Amfleet passenger cars, The new paint scheme on the P42 locomotives, The AEM-7's silver paint etc.

Put that's just my personal opinion.

Eric

Archived