R179 Exterior:

<B> CONEY ISLAND

<B> BROADWAY EXPRESS

<B> SEA BEACH EXPRESS

<B> TO CONEY ISLAND

<B> THE NEXT STOP IS

<B> 34 ST-HERALD SQ

<B> 8:46 AM

Note: This suggestion was to be known for back in 1986-1987 when the <B> used to run on the Broadway Line, like the (N) .

Did you want a diamond for the overhead route as well? I don't have the bracket characters used for the diamonds so I won't be able to add them, so I hope it's fine if I use normal parentheses for a circle.

1 minute ago, K Train 8 Av-Fulton said:

R179 Exterior:

(E) JAMAICA CENTER

(E) 8 AV LOCAL/53 ST

(E) QUEENS BLVD EXPRESS

R179 Overhead:

(E) TO JAMAICA CENTER

(E) THE NEXT STOP IS

(E) 50 ST

(E) 8:19 AM

Don't really like you giving another request right after making a first one, but sure... could I get a reply to my response to the first request?

1 minute ago, K Train 8 Av-Fulton said:

Sadly, the R143/R160/R179 Overheads don't often use diamond brackets like the R142/A/R188 overhead, but it seemed like it.

The <F> Culver Express uses parentheses in the overheads so I assume the B division does not use them.

What the R160 looked like, from both the Alstom and Kawasaki industries, the outside text of the R160A/B has more space  than the R143, for the B-Division.

As for the A-Division, there isn't as much space on the R142/A/188 interior. As the R142/A/188's exterior route only contains numbers and the "S", their destination has a maximum of 20 spaces. There was no "0" for the A-Division subway car signs.

3 minutes ago, K Train 8 Av-Fulton said:

What the R160 looked like, from both the Alstom and Kawasaki industries, the outside text of the R160A/B has more space  than the R143, for the B-Division.

As for the A-Division, there isn't as much space on the R142/A/188 interior. As the R142/A/188's exterior route only contains numbers and the "S", their destination has a maximum of 20 spaces. There was no "0" for the A-Division subway car signs.

I mean, sure... the signs aren't confined to a set number of characters, though.