Resigning while on probation

Probie92

4 hours ago, Probie92 said:

If I resign while still on probation, will I be eligible for rehire in the future? Or will I be blacklisted? I don't think this job is for me. Probationary bus operator...

If you resign, you have 1 year to return back. You will continue your probation status from where you left off. 

5 hours ago, Probie92 said:

If I resign while still on probation, will I be eligible for rehire in the future? Or will I be blacklisted? I don't think this job is for me. Probationary bus operator...

This job isn’t for everyone. But do you mind sharing why you feel this way? 

On 12/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, Probie92 said:

You can always come back within 1 year, as someone said, you'll just pick back up where you left off and whatever time you have remaining in your probationary period will continue.

This job requires a great deal of mental fortitude. The moment you are able to not let the stresses of the field get to your core you will succeed. I would say give it a few more weeks before making a decision. It gets better after the holidays.

Trust me, I am way past well done after being on one of Brooklyn's heaviest routes for the last 4 months and I am finally happy I don't have to go through that again after today. IT gets better with time. Hang in there.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings everyone.

I was hoping someone may be able to help me with this question. I'm a former MTA employee and I was in an accident while I was on probation as a bus operator. MTA decided to cut ties with me as a forceful resignation. My question to you guys is how long will I have to wait to reapply to get back in to mta as a bus operator? Also is there any other avenues I can take to become a bus operator again without taking the test and remaining on the waiting list?

2 hours ago, DonnyA92 said:

Greetings everyone.

I was hoping someone may be able to help me with this question. I'm a former MTA employee and I was in an accident while I was on probation as a bus operator. MTA decided to cut ties with me as a forceful resignation. My question to you guys is how long will I have to wait to reapply to get back in to mta as a bus operator? Also is there any other avenues I can take to become a bus operator again without taking the test and remaining on the waiting list?

Sorry this happened to you. There is a 5 year wait to be hired again. No shortcuts. You have to do the test and be on a certified list. 

On 3/17/2023 at 12:43 PM, DonnyA92 said:

Greetings everyone.

What do you mean “forceful” resignation? Did you speak with the union regarding this?

After the accident zerega made the the decision that they wanted to part ways. When I spoke to the GS and AGS instead of them telling me that I was terminated they just told me that I have to resign. While I was with the the GS, AGS and my union rep they told me that I can apply after 2 years. I just wanted to know if that was true or falsified.

• 4 months later...