Metro North Terminal Attendant

2ride

• 2 months later...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Congrats! 
I was sent a conditional offer , but I’m having some minor road blocks right now ..unfortunately, but it should still work out in my favor , hopefully. 
did they tell you your schedule ?

Not the slightest idea of what my schedule gonna be and I’m not even sure of the tour times. The recruiter said I will most likely find that out after training.

On 6/9/2023 at 7:03 PM, Norisknoreward said:

Not the slightest idea of what my schedule gonna be and I’m not even sure of the tour times. The recruiter said I will most likely find that out after training.

After orientation report back and tell us how it was, fingers crossed I’ll make it in by July ! I wonder what schedules they got left, I assume you’re working at GCT?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 6/25/2023 at 12:05 PM, HardWorkin said:

Updates???

On 6/9/2023 at 7:03 PM, Norisknoreward said:

Can you let me know what the physical entails? Just applied to the position again yesterday. Hopefully get a call back. Thanks

22 hours ago, More said:

Does anyone know what the physical entails?

The Attendant Terminal Appearance PAT is a multifaceted exam. You will have an exam full of physical excerises that simulates different things based on the position you're going for. You will also receive a traditional checkup where your vision, hearing, etc will be checked including a drug test via urine. Take note that the PAT is different for every craft, as I myself am going to be taking my second PAT since working for MNR, specifically Locomotive Engineer, and it has different exercises related to T&E.

If I recall correctly, when I took the Attendant Terminal Appearance PAT a couple years back there was a section where you walk on uneven track, another where you walk through a weighted door a couple times, carrying a weighted trash bag around, simulate mopping with a weighted stick, wiping down a row of train seats, and a couple of other things I just don't remember. Note that everything is timed and that they will check your heart rate as well.

49 minutes ago, AfroG97 said:

The Attendant Terminal Appearance PAT is a multifaceted exam. You will have an exam full of physical excerises that simulates different things based on the position you're going for. You will also receive a traditional checkup where your vision, hearing, etc will be checked including a drug test via urine. Take note that the PAT is different for every craft, as I myself am going to be taking my second PAT since working for MNR, specifically Locomotive Engineer, and it has different exercises related to T&E.

If I recall correctly, when I took the Attendant Terminal Appearance PAT a couple years back there was a section where you walk on uneven track, another where you walk through a weighted door a couple times, carrying a weighted trash bag around, simulate mopping with a weighted stick, wiping down a row of train seats, and a couple of other things I just don't remember. Note that everything is timed and that they will check your heart rate as well.

Oh ok. Thanks!!! I appreciate it. Yea I just applied last night hopefully they call me back. Thanks again.