Metro North Terminal Attendant

2ride

2 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Yup easy. Take your time and read everything carefully so you don't accidentally mess up rushing you'll be fine. Hopefully they start moving quick after you take the test.

Took me about a month to hear back, background took another month, then the interview took another 2 weeks.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NBTA said:

Took me about a month to hear back, background took another month, then the interview took another 2 weeks.

Lol glad they finally sped up the process. Mines took forever,

Test in November, interview in march, medical/drug in September, start day in October lol took forever.

14 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Lol glad they finally sped up the process. Mines took forever,

Test in November, interview in march, medical/drug in September, start day in October lol took forever.

Reporting back from taking my exam.

1st and foremost the exam room was extremely packed, I was kinda taken back by how crowded it was . 
The info session before the exam was interesting I definitely have more questions. 
The exam was  offensively easy I’m sure I passed , just a matter of waiting now. 

as for the questions , a HR manager was there and touched on working conditions. @Thinklikeamango I know essentially the position is a custodial position, but can give a little run down on  what a busy day would be for you at work. I’m asking because he explained it can get extremely dirty, and while I have worked as a custodian before, it was a complete different setting.

2 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

1st and foremost the exam room was extremely packed, I was kinda taken back by how crowded it was . 
The info session before the exam was interesting I definitely have more questions. 
The exam was  offensively easy I’m sure I passed , just a matter of waiting now. 

as for the questions , a HR manager was there and touched on working conditions. @Thinklikeamango I know essentially the position is a custodial position, but can give a little run down on  what a busy day would be for you at work. I’m asking because he explained it can get extremely dirty, and while I have worked as a custodian before, it was a complete different setting.

Definitely exaggerated a bit, the terminal never gets extreme dirty there's 3 shifts that keep It clean throughout the day. The dirtiest parts are probably the public bathrooms but even those aren't that bad.

2 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Definitely exaggerated a bit, the terminal never gets extreme dirty there's 3 shifts that keep It clean throughout the day. The dirtiest parts are probably the public bathrooms but even those aren't that bad.

So what’s the difference between a terminal attendant and a custodian CDL? Same job, but we gotta drive the trucks instead from place to place?

29 minutes ago, 2ride said:

So what’s the difference between a terminal attendant and a custodian CDL? Same job, but we gotta drive the trucks instead from place to place?

Yeah, and I believe you guys get higher pay, maybe two dollars up.

6 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Told you, that exam was ridiculously easy. There’s a reason why they don’t really give you a study guide, but I believe the real exam comes with the physical test. How long did they say you have to wait?

15 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

I honestly was already expecting for the public bathroom to be the worst of it , I mean it is a subway , good to know that it’s not as bad as I was told. 

12 hours ago, NBTA said:

Yeah, and I believe you guys get higher pay, maybe two dollars up.

Told you, that exam was ridiculously easy. There’s a reason why they don’t really give you a study guide, but I believe the real exam comes with the physical test. How long did they say you have to wait?

They said it can take up to two weeks to get the results for the exam , and then if you pass you get sent the email  to complete the background check , they didn’t really give any time stamps on anything else, hopefully my process goes as quickly as yours . Oh and no mention of the raise.

Edited by HardWorkin

1 hour ago, HardWorkin said:

They said it can take up to two weeks to get the results for the exam , and then if you pass you get sent the email  to complete the background check , they didn’t really give any time stamps on anything else, hopefully my process goes as quickly as yours . Oh and no mention of the raise.

We’ll probably hear about it once we start.

18 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

It's a 2 part test. For customer service jobs, one part is a personality test.

For custodian driver, I admitted to them I had 4 violations in the past, but 2 of them have been removed permanently due to good driving and probationary status afterwards. I have 2 more violations on the driving record. Will it screw my chances of getting that job or I still have a good chance of being given the offer?

12 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

It's a 2 part test. For customer service jobs, one part is a personality test.

I have a question , let’s say someone like you wanted to transfer from Terminal Attendant - Ticket agent ,  would you still have to take the exam? Also, do you guys have to wait for a posting on the website that show their actively hiring or is there  a in-house posting that only current employees have access to .

Edited by HardWorkin

I have a question , let’s say someone like you wanted to transfer from Terminal Attendant - Ticket agent ,  would you still have to take the exam? Also, do you guys have to wait for a posting on the website that show their actively hiring or is there  a in-house posting that only current employees have access to .

You would have to take that exam to be able to move to those jobs. We get a weekly bulletin with a list a jobs that you can bid for.

I got sent a questionnaire and background check with one of my job offers and email said I have a certain amount of time to complete them. I just completed them yesterday so does anyone know if they’ll move the process faster for me or what? How long is it going to take for me to hear about the next steps after questionnaire and background are filled out?

Edited by 2ride

Interesting, I applied but no invite to the exam.

how’s your process coming along? 

They had another posting like 2 months ago. Did you reapply? I reapplied and got lucky the second time. 

3 hours ago, 2ride said:

They had another posting like 2 months ago. Did you reapply? I reapplied and got lucky the second time. 

That’s the one I’m talking about , I did not receive a invite for either posting.

it’s fine, if all goes well with Terminal Attendant, I will try to secure the job then I guess . 

Any updates about the Assistant Conductor position?