Metro North Terminal Attendant

2ride

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2022 at 8:19 PM, 2ride said:

I know I’ve posted this before, but it has been a while since some people have gotten passed pre screening for that position. Has anyone been invited for an exam yet?

Waiting for my interview, passed the exam on the 1st.

11 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Because of the east side access they added alot of jobs, 15+ open jobs at the moment for terminal appearance.

Sheesh , hoping to be invited for an exam soon , I’m actually shocked I didn’t get an invite yet , I’ve applied 3x already , plus I have commercial cleaning experience with CUNY. 
    I actually have a question for you. Does metro north do credit checks for pre employment ? Also, would stating that you were terminated from previous jobs on the background check prevent your from getting a interview ? 

I believe they do credit checks for conductors only from what I know. I'm not sure about the job terminations but if you put it down and try not to hide it I don't see why they wouldn't hire you. Make sure your resumes matches the job description, look for some keywords and try to include them if the advertisment for the job goes up again which I'm sure it will.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Congrats , congrats 

hopefully if I get in we will be co-workers , fingers crossed. 
if it’s not too much can you share your experience from start to now . When you took the exam, wait times and etc . 

Took my exam at the middle of May, found out I passed on June 1st, and since then went through a background test and recently, the interview. Hopefully i hear back this upcoming week if I got in or not.

On 7/24/2022 at 8:28 AM, NBTA said:

Took my exam at the middle of May, found out I passed on June 1st, and since then went through a background test and recently, the interview. Hopefully i hear back this upcoming week if I got in or not.

They won't tell you if you got in or not but those who make it all the way to the interview usually are hired.

On 7/24/2022 at 8:28 AM, NBTA said:

Your process seems to be going rather quickly. How would your rate the exam difficultly 1-10? During the interview did they discuss work hours. Congrats on making it to the interview stage. I hope you get in, keep us posted if you do .

5 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Your process seems to be going rather quickly. How would your rate the exam difficultly 1-10? During the interview did they discuss work hours. Congrats on making it to the interview stage. I hope you get in, keep us posted if you do .

It was a 1. That test was way too easy.

1 hour ago, NBTA said:

Isn’t it more money?

We still get paid pretty generous for what we do. Current top pay for regular terminal appearance is 34.45 and for operator the rate is 36.19 :)    (operator is garbage truck, power washing, recycling, anything that involves driving a utility vehicle around the terminal)

1 hour ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Most of the new people come straight to overnights :)

Ughh don’t say that, I’m sorta running from overnight jobs , I will be okay working a 3-11 or something . Are the overnight workers at least stationed at Grand Central? 

5 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

No currently our union doesn't offer night differential, I've heard talks about implementing it when contract negotiations come up.

This would be great. I remember you mentioned that you guys were due for another raise , do you know when that’s happening.

5 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

We still get paid pretty generous for what we do. Current top pay for regular terminal appearance is 34.45 and for operator the rate is 36.19 :)    (operator is garbage truck, power washing, recycling, anything that involves driving a utility vehicle around the terminal)

Top pay is 34? I don’t remember it being that much on the last job posting they had in April.. I honestly appreciate the weekly pay. 

10 minutes ago, HardWorkin said:

Top pay is 34? I don’t remember it being that much on the last job posting they had in April.. I honestly appreciate the weekly pay. 

Got my signals and definitions that I need to memorize and study for, for my conductor exam that’s coming up soon. I heard that ain’t no cakewalk compared to other exams.