Metro North Terminal Attendant

2ride

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

24.11 I believe?

Nice that’s awesome !!  Plus weekly pay . Where can you find this info online? 
also I have another question and this is important to me, would you say the work atmosphere is a good one, is it family oriented? 

9 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

We still get paid pretty generous for what we do. Current top pay for regular terminal appearance is 34.45 and for operator the rate is 36.19 :)    (operator is garbage truck, power washing, recycling, anything that involves driving a utility vehicle around the terminal)

What’s the base pay? 22.97 still right?

5 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Nice that’s awesome !!  Plus weekly pay . Where can you find this info online? 
also I have another question and this is important to me, would you say the work atmosphere is a good one, is it family oriented? 

One of the best atmospheres I've worked in. All the guys and girls here are awesome and we all get along, we're like family once you get to know us.

6 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

One of the best atmospheres I've worked in. All the guys and girls here are awesome and we all get along, we're like family once you get to know us.

Really?

1 hour ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Yeah especially overnight we all have a good time working with eachother. We got a good group of people.

I hope I get overnights, depending on what happens, it’ll work out for me, and hopefully sometimes I get bumped out of GC sometimes to explore out.

2 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

You'll be alright wont get bumped out depending on what days off you get you'll be safe .

How long does someone have to wait to get like a Friday , Saturday, Or a Saturday Sunday , I know those types of day offs were for ppl with high seniority , doesn’t hurt to ask 

you guys get consecutive days off right ? 

Edited by HardWorkin

On 7/29/2022 at 10:42 PM, HardWorkin said:

How long does someone have to wait to get like a Friday , Saturday, Or a Saturday Sunday , I know those types of day offs were for ppl with high seniority , doesn’t hurt to ask 

Does Metro North care if you been terminated from jobs, does that lessen your chances for a interview . And do they actually contact every employer?

im asking because a few of the jobs I had in the last 10 years I left on a bad note, my current job I’ve been with them for sometime now . 

Edited by HardWorkin

2 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Does Metro North care if you been terminated from jobs, does that lessen your chances for a interview . And do they actually contact every employer?

im asking because a few of the jobs I had in the last 10 years I left on a bad note, my current job I’ve been with them for sometime now . 

They must not, had the same issue.

Last time I had a government job was working at the post office. It was good times because I made the friends I wanted at work and they also showed us WWE/AEW/UFC on television to me and my colleagues during lunch and dinner (I worked overnight). I was wondering if lunch or dinner break at MTA will mean I get to watch combat sports or wrestling also in the cafeteria. 

Edited by 2ride

On 7/29/2022 at 10:42 PM, HardWorkin said:

Yeah those days are usually seniority. There's a person here with Friday/Saturday that got hired in November so it can happen but after that person the next person with those days off has 3 years. Saturday/Sunday 5 years. Sunday/Monday and Thursday/Friday are usually available.

And yeah our days off are consecutive 

10 hours ago, NBTA said:

They must not, had the same issue.

Okay good, I don’t have the best history as far as jobs is concerned, so I was wondering how much past job history is considered. I’ve been with my current job 4 years so hopefully that makes it look a little better. 
thank you for your response .

how is your process going? 

5 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Yeah those days are usually seniority. There's a person here with Friday/Saturday that got hired in November so it can happen but after that person the next person with those days off has 3 years. Saturday/Sunday 5 years. Sunday/Monday and Thursday/Friday are usually available.

And yeah our days off are consecutive 

Sunday, and Monday isn’t too bad you know, neither is Thursday, Friday. 
Thanks for always answering and being transparent .

My test is tomorrow , anything I should know , tips etc?

1 hour ago, HardWorkin said:

Sunday, and Monday isn’t too bad you know, neither is Thursday, Friday. 
Thanks for always answering and being transparent .

My test is tomorrow , anything I should know , tips etc?

It’s extremely easy. 

9 hours ago, NBTA said:

It’s extremely easy. 

8 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

Okay cool 

I will report back to say how it went . I hope your process is still going smooth.

Yup easy. Take your time and read everything carefully so you don't accidentally mess up rushing you'll be fine. Hopefully they start moving quick after you take the test.

1 hour ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Yup easy. Take your time and read everything carefully so you don't accidentally mess up rushing you'll be fine. Hopefully they start moving quick after you take the test.

You can only hope… there were people who had to wait 2-3 months before they found out their test results for the ticket seller position.