Metro North Terminal Attendant

2ride

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2022 at 3:26 AM, HardWorkin said:

Congrats again 

I passed the test, & already completed my background. Im just waiting now. 

Hey @Thinklikeamango I was just wondering , did the union get to negotiate whether or not you guys are getting night differential for the new contract ? By the way I passed the Terminal appearance test, doing background now 

On 8/21/2022 at 3:10 PM, HardWorkin said:

Hey @Thinklikeamango I was just wondering , did the union get to negotiate whether or not you guys are getting night differential for the new contract ? By the way I passed the Terminal appearance test, doing background now 

Negotiations aren't happening till next year July I believe, we'll see what happens. Congratulations hope everything goes smooth and you get a start date soon :)

Edited by Thinklikeamango

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 3:00 PM, HardWorkin said:

Finally called for a interview for this 

Any advice and tips will be helpful 

Good luck. It's usually a 3 to 2 person panel interview, they'll ask you questions sometimes scenario based. Just give them your best answer you'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Good luck. It's usually a 3 to 2 person panel interview, they'll ask you questions sometimes scenario based. Just give them your best answer you'll be fine.

Do they have a lot of vacancies for cleaners right now? 

On 3/29/2023 at 8:24 AM, Thinklikeamango said:

Thank you so much ! I got the job by the way . Thank you for all the information and tips along the way. If everything works out (fingers crossed)  , I look forward to working with you. 
sidebar: what type of boots did you bring with you ? 

On 3/29/2023 at 3:28 PM, Thinklikeamango said:

For grand central alone we have about 6 open spots. Even if it gets filled people always move on and get different jobs so there's always openings.

If you remember what schedules were those? Day, evening or overnight?

just curious, I’m really hoping that I don’t land an overnight position , but I’ll embrace it either way, just happy to get this far..finally!

also did you guys receive the raise in September to $24.11 like you mentioned? 

Edited by HardWorkin

1 hour ago, HardWorkin said:

Thank you so much ! I got the job by the way . Thank you for all the information and tips along the way. If everything works out (fingers crossed)  , I look forward to working with you. 

Check out red wing and try some of the different types that they have, walking on the marble in grand central does take a while to get used to lol.

1 hour ago, HardWorkin said:

If you remember what schedules were those? Day, evening or overnight?

just curious, I’m really hoping that I don’t land an overnight position , but I’ll embrace it either way, just happy to get this far..finally!

also did you guys receive the raise in September to $24.11 like you mentioned? 

Starting pay is now 24.13 for regular terminal appearance and 25.35 for operator. So top pay is 34.46 and 36.22.
They took 3 jobs off the weekly bulletin could be one of the jobs they hired you on  
One was overnight, the other an extra job which means you could work split shifts ( 1 day in the am, 2 days in the afternoon, and 2 days at night ect...) And the other job I couldn't find maybe a 3-11?

3 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Check out red wing and try some of the different types that they have, walking on the marble in grand central does take a while to get used to lol.

I have a pair of red wing at home and the heels hurt my foot sometimes. I ended up switching it to Timberland and don’t have any negative reactions from it 

4 hours ago, HardWorkin said:

You mean you’ll be working with your online friend: Thinklikeamango. You guys were friends prior to the job offer you received 

5 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Thank you , I will report for my medical soon and i have to bring those boots with me , I’ll check them out .