Question About Jury Duty Summons

Cait Sith

I recently received a jury duty summons to serve as a juror. But im only 19. I live in Manhattan and all that fancy stuff, is there a penalty for missing your first summons? Cause the courtroom is in manhattan and such

There will not be a penalty for missing the first but there will be for missing the second or third if I remember correctly. They'll start threatening you with a $1000 fine and some jail time I believe.

It's better to just go and get it over with or they'll never leave you alone. Just do it.

There will not be a penalty for missing the first but there will be for missing the second or third if I remember correctly. They'll start threatening you with a $1000 fine and some jail time I believe.

It's better to just go and get it over with or they'll never leave you alone. Just do it.

Yeah, I'm just going to go and get it over with.

Thanks for the help guys :D

If you are a student, defer to a time when it is convenient, and do it. You have a duty to do it. If there is a long trial, you will be asked if there is anything preventing you from serving on the jury for that trial, and if it would interfere with school, you say yes, and you will not be placed on that case.

Archived