Should cameras be installed in cabs thread

Ale188

2 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Camera's installed in what cabs?

There's already Cameras in Cabs of the R211s...

If cameras are being installed on the R211 cabs, then they’ll use the same technique on future subway fleet, so the thread was created to see why people disagree on this and if the crews that are against it should be fired

2 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

If cameras are being installed on the R211 cabs, then they’ll use the same technique on future subway fleet, so the thread was created to see why people disagree on this and if the crews that are against it should be fired

5 hours ago, Ale188 said:

But some people in that discussion thread are arguing about it so that’s why I made this.

Both of you please grow up , there’s literally no point in discussing this , just like @RTOMan said , it’s MTA’s trains so it’s up to them on that subject and then firing crew members who are against it makes no sense either like come on 😂😂

Edited by Maxwell179

6 hours ago, Maxwell179 said:

Both of you please grow up , there’s literally no point in discussing this , just like @RTOMan said , it’s MTA’s trains so it’s up to them on that subject and then firing crew members who are against it makes no sense either like come on 😂😂

Hilarious Folks who don't even work down here arguing MTAs policy on cameras in Cabs...

My view is that cameras should exist in cabs for safety. However, no one should actively be monitoring/checking those cameras unprovoked, and no AI that tries to catch the conductor "off guard" or something.

I think privacy (or lack of it) is going to become a bigger and bigger societal problem, so while technologies like cameras may have benefits, I think we need to *only* use them for the purpose of their benefits.

Edited by ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ

37 minutes ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

My view is that cameras should exist in cabs for safety. However, no one should actively be monitoring/checking those cameras unprovoked, and no AI that tries to catch the conductor "off guard" or something.

I think privacy (or lack of it) is going to become a bigger and bigger societal problem, so while technologies like cameras may have benefits, I think we need to *only* use them for the purpose of their benefits.

If you worked down here and seen what i seen in these cabs you'd wouldn't say that..

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see anything wrong with the public having an interest in MTA policy, since much of it directly or indirectly may affect them.  This forum is not only for MTA employees, is it?

Privacy is indeed a societal issue, nowadays.   A two hundred year old slogan was paraphrased by railroads later into: "Eternal vigilance is the price of safety"..