MTA Re-NEW-Vation Program

Ale188

interesting how a couple years ago they were taking benches out of some subway stations; now I see they added new benches at platform level at Atlantic Av (L) - right when you come up the steps as you're heading towards the back of a Canarsie bound train (or towards the front of a Manhattan bound train).... They also power washed the shit out the stairwells (front & back of all the steps... I saw the cleaning crews as they were doing it earlier this week), while painting said front & back end of the steps a forest green-ish color...

....now if they can only do something to keep them bums & other undesirables from hanging out by the back end of the steps (street level), as well trying to curb, or otherwise deter all them birds congregating around the immediate area... I still see sleeping pigeons at times above the LIRR tracks at the East New York station..... Yes, the area around Atlantic (L) & LIRR East New York is filthy (some would even say sketchy, on top of it) in general, but the old Chinese lady coming around every so often, dropping bag loads of crumbs at this spot, before you get to the station steps in the morning, definitely does not help matters..... People used to dump bag loads of garbage and/or bags of clothes in that same spot, but apparently that has ceased, at least....

Edited by B35 via Church

19 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

interesting how a couple years ago they were taking benches out of some subway stations; now I see they added new benches at platform level at Atlantic Av (L) - right when you come up the steps as you're heading towards the back of a Canarsie bound train (or towards the front of a Manhattan bound train).... They also power washed the shit out the stairwells (front & back of all the steps... I saw the cleaning crews as they were doing it earlier this week), while painting said front & back end of the steps a forest green-ish color...

....now if they can only do something to keep them bums & other undesirables from hanging out by the back end of the steps (street level), as well trying to curb, or otherwise deter all them birds congregating around the immediate area... I still see sleeping pigeons at times above the LIRR tracks at the East New York station..... Yes, the area around Atlantic (L) & LIRR East New York is filthy (some would even say sketchy, on top of it) in general, but the old Chinese lady coming around every so often, dropping bag loads of crumbs at this spot, before you get to the station steps in the morning, definitely does not help matters..... People used to dump bag loads of garbage and/or bags of clothes in that same spot, but apparently that has ceased, at least....

Probably thought that reverse-psychology stuff was gonna actually keep people out. Like that time they removed garbage cans from stations to reduce the amount of garbage. Didn't work out.

Isn’t this Re-new-vation a 48 hour work?? Because at junction Blvd, the crews hasn’t finished painting certain sections, there is certain improvements tho, I hate how they decided to paint the steel structures black, only one staircase was refurbished during the weekend

Edited by Chris89292

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Re-new-vation is not complete at 145th (1) Train Station like the list said. They started removing old tiles during the past few weeks and the walls are exposed now.

At junction Blvd it’s the same problem, some areas haven’t been painted, the MTA could’ve just closed the station on the weekend, bypassing junction Blvd all day, i thought that’s how this renewvation thing worked 

7 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

At junction Blvd it’s the same problem, some areas haven’t been painted, the MTA could’ve just closed the station on the weekend, bypassing junction Blvd all day, i thought that’s how this renewvation thing worked 

Those are done during the course of the day for a period of time so they don't close the station.

13 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Re-new-vation is not complete at 145th (1) Train Station like the list said. They started removing old tiles during the past few weeks and the walls are exposed now.

Ah, Didn't know. Thanks for the catch!

Even tho the MTA hasn’t confirmed this yet, but I think the renewvation at junction Blvd is complete, I live along the (7) so I pass by junction Blvd everyday, painting has been completed at every surface, platforms have been fixed in certain areas, gum removal from the platforms. The MTA will most likely post It today, they usually post images of the aftermath on Wednesday’s if y’all haven’t notice it

On 10/11/2023 at 10:58 AM, Chris89292 said:

Even tho the MTA hasn’t confirmed this yet, but I think the renewvation at junction Blvd is complete, I live along the (7) so I pass by junction Blvd everyday, painting has been completed at every surface, platforms have been fixed in certain areas, gum removal from the platforms. The MTA will most likely post It today, they usually post images of the aftermath on Wednesday’s if y’all haven’t notice it

It is confirmed. It is complete! The 50th Re-NEW-vation has been completed! Supposedly, the next station is Hoyt-Schermerhorn on the (A)(C)(G).

Banner%202.jpg

11 New stations are supposed to be Re-NEW-vated by the end of this year after Hoyt-Schermerhorn on the (A)(C)(G). They are:

Morris Park (5)
Whitehall St  (R)(W)
Hunters Point Ave (7)
Beverly Road (Q)
Baychester Av (5)
Wall St (2)(3)
Ditmas Ave (F)
8th St – NYU (R)(W)
191 St (1) (THANK GOD)
Howard Beach-JFK Airport (A) (Was expecting that actually) &...
Court St (R)

No 4 train stations...damn, but whatever. Those are the new stations to get Re-NEW-vations.

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

11 New stations are supposed to be Re-NEW-vated by the end of this year after Hoyt-Schermerhorn on the (A)(C)(G). They are:

Morris Park (5)
Whitehall St  (R)(W)
Hunters Point Ave (7)
Beverly Road (Q)
Baychester Av (5)
Wall St (2)(3)
Ditmas Ave (F)
8th St – NYU (R)(W)
191 St (1) (THANK GOD)
Court St (R)

No 4 train stations...damn, but whatever. Those are the new stations to get Re-NEW-vations.

Court could definitely use

Hunters Point seemed pretty clean last time I used it, Vernon-Jackson could use it more tbh

1 hour ago, slantfan4281 said:

Court could definitely use

Hunters Point seemed pretty clean last time I used it, Vernon-Jackson could use it more tbh

74th street Broadway on the (7) needs it, too much pigeon feces all over the entrances, a glow up would make the station look like it was recently renovated. 

MTA, Do Hoyt-Schermerhorn already! But whatever, Re-NEW-vation is complete at Morris Park on the (5), the 51st station to get this Re-NEW-vation. Next on the list is Whitehall St on the (R)(W), which will most likely be complete by the 26th of this month.

BeforeAfter%20Mezz%20Walkway.JPG

15 hours ago, Ale188 said:

MTA, Do Hoyt-Schermerhorn already! But whatever, Re-NEW-vation is complete at Morris Park on the (5), the 51st station to get this Re-NEW-vation. Next on the list is Whitehall St on the (R)(W), which will most likely be complete by the 26th of this month.

BeforeAfter%20Mezz%20Walkway.JPG

it’s funny how they took one picture in the day and the other at night

On 10/20/2023 at 12:19 PM, Chris89292 said:

it’s funny how they took one picture in the day and the other at night

Also the before photo appears vertically stretched, with def contributes to making it look dingier.

Like honestly looking at both photos for more than a few seconds, there really doesn't seem to be much of a difference other than the yellow floor boards being removed and wiping down a few things.

Edited by ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, Ale188 said:

Morris Park (5)
Whitehall St  (R)(W)
Hunters Point Ave (7)
Beverly Road (Q)
Baychester Av (5)
Wall St (2)(3)
Ditmas Ave (F)
8th St – NYU (R)(W)
191 St (1) (THANK GOD)
Court St (R)

Av J should be there to replace Bev.

Edited by Ale188

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

Are they repainting all the exposed IRT columns (MTA) blue now? I've always liked the diversity in colour. 

They’ve been doing to every line, the 7th Avenue station on the (Q) had their Columbus painted in a blackish color, it honestly looks dope