C/R "No Standing Zone" Pilot

Q65A

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 5:28 PM, Q65A said:

So far this year, seven MTA employees have been assaulted – four of the incidents involved suspects with at least 50 prior arrests. 

I wonder how we might have prevented this… say… not releasing those people after the third strike?

On 2/28/2024 at 5:55 PM, Chris89292 said:

Like that’s gonna stop criminals from attacking employees…. Waste of money in my opinion

On the upside, a conductor could easily spot trouble by observing the no standing zone, as anyone standing in violation of the warning automatically cast suspicion on themselves.

I also propose adding signs to the interior of trains, platforms, passageways, and elevators declaring: “no committing crimes!” /s

Edited by CenSin

19 hours ago, CenSin said:

wonder how we might have prevented this… say… not releasing those people after the third strike?

Bingo but these soft judges DAs that folks voted in but anyway..

19 hours ago, CenSin said:

I also propose adding signs to the interior of trains, platforms, passageways, and elevators declaring: “no committing crimes!” /s

There signs saying DO NOT RIDE outside the train cars at the end of every door..

Some "people" do it anyway just shows the mindset of folks out here if the ramifications as strong then folks would think about doing such things.

The problem is, no matter how strong the punishment, people will still do something. In many states, murder still carries the death penalty… and yet there are still murders.

simply saying “oh, if the penalty is harsh, they won’t do it”… has never been realistic.

what has been found to work is to remove the reason for the action. e.g.: social media sites removing surfing videos. Media not giving them the attention they crave. I mean, how many of these idiots who don’t get killed are bragging they made the news…?

that’s not going to stop all of them, but it’s going to have an effect on surfing.

basically, you fix the problem by being proactive, not reactive.

23 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

The problem is, no matter how strong the punishment, people will still do something. In many states, murder still carries the death penalty… and yet there are still murders.

simply saying “oh, if the penalty is harsh, they won’t do it”… has never been realistic.

what has been found to work is to remove the reason for the action. e.g.: social media sites removing surfing videos. Media not giving them the attention they crave. I mean, how many of these idiots who don’t get killed are bragging they made the news…?

that’s not going to stop all of them, but it’s going to have an effect on surfing.

basically, you fix the problem by being proactive, not reactive.

Some groups on the Book have flat out deleted such posts too admins have kicked out the posters too..

Yet people still are mad like "Freedom of speech"..

I mean a post of somebody doing something stupid get thousand likes yet someone doing something positive gets a handful...

Shows how braindead some folks are by glorifying dumb stunts like that...

3 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Some groups on the Book have flat out deleted such posts too admins have kicked out the posters too..

Yet people still are mad like "Freedom of speech"..

I mean a post of somebody doing something stupid get thousand likes yet someone doing something positive gets a handful...

Shows how braindead some folks are by glorifying dumb stunts like that...

There are such groups that are watching what posts like these and then when it’s too sensitive, ppl be yelling that, but what they’re also doing is promoting criminal behavior. You remember J31? 

11 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

There are such groups that are watching what posts like these and then when it’s too sensitive, ppl be yelling that, but what they’re also doing is promoting criminal behavior. You remember J31? 

Not sure refresh my memory ....