G to church?

mark1447

Hi guys, I was on the (F) Culver line, was Rfing today [shots this week, first WP(2)(5)/(3)(4)(6)(S)Other IRTs Line shots]

anyways I was on the (F) going to manhattan at about 7:15pm, when I hit church, I saw a (G) R46 heading NB on Culver/Crosstown Exp track, then as I got to 7th ave[Crosstown Line] I see another (G) going SB toward Church on the Culver/Crosstown Exp track, I dont got the car number, sry

But I;m very curious on the (G)ary train. Is the (MTA) starting the test for Church ave extension or sumin? Please explain!

Thanks Mates =]~

It may happen in December (2008),which is next month but lets find out anyways beacsue not all TA emoplyee are reliable but the (MTA) knows.

I agree, we can't always rely on what one T/O says. The information from the TA is ALWAYS updated.

You know, they said they are starting the Culver Viaduct construction... like the preliminary work (finding sites), it's actually on the site.

The Church Extension, R-179/R-188 order, 2009 Budget, Service and Line Cuts and Car Assignments are all plans. It can change anytime, so don't believe it is 100% true or not...

Don't forget the F express in Brooklyn along with SBS lines in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Island. They are all plans, just at different stages.

it WOULD be nice to make an express station at bergan street do the (F) can still run exp and meet up with the (G) when it first meets it on the Crosstown line after/before Jay~~

One exists. Lower Bergen. It's just "structurally unsafe to use" because of the renovations to the upper level.

It's normally closed to the public, but every now and then a train will run through it.

The (G) discharges at Smith 9 St then runs light to Church Ave for a T/O change during the day when its OPTO on Wkends. They been doing this for a couple of years now.

I am still sticking by what I said they not extending (G) In service to Church Ave in Dec. Its not on the Work Program exept for what they do now continue to run (G) train Not In Service from Smith 9 to Church on Wkends. Everything else depends on the (MTA) budget.

The (G) discharges at Smith 9 St then runs light to Church Ave for a T/O change during the day when its OPTO on Wkends. They been doing this for a couple of years now.

I am still sticking by what I said they not extending (G) In service to Church Ave in Dec. Its not on the Work Program exept for what they do now continue to run (G) train Not In Service from Smith 9 to Church on Wkends. Everything else depends on the (MTA) budget.

I agree... We all should not get excited about the G extension until it is real or we receive legitimate reports that it will operate to Church.

Archived