Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Local

BVE 2 Trouble

Good Morning All,

When I first received my laptop back in June, I tried downloading BVE. However, when I try to use the game, this is the message I receive:

bve_help.jpg

I haven't used BVE since May, and Id like to get back into the swing of things...

Any step by step help would be appreciated..

Zach

(Q) Brighton Local

It does. Proof:

BVEDoes.jpg

I do not have UAC (User Account Control) on either. However, I don't remember the other settings that I switched to make it work.

mmm that's interesting. I still prefer OpenBVE. It has better options than BVE.

anyone interested in buying my new copy of trainz classic 1&2, i just got it in the mail and it runs slow on my computer and i really dont have time to play games on computer with work and all. 20 bucks

Browse to the directory that has the routes installed to. You can then select the route you want.

To Zach, there is a way that you can make it work in Vista, however it involves messing with settings, you're better off with openBVE or just wait for for BVE 5.

Okay guys, I heard both sides of the story here. Can somebody than please explain to me, on how I may be able to obtain BVE on my laptop?

Zach

openBVE is not recommended for the NYCTA stuff tho

It works fine.

Okay guys, I heard both sides of the story here. Can somebody than please explain to me, on how I may be able to obtain BVE on my laptop?

Zach

Get OpenBVE. Quickest and fastest way to get your BVE train sim on.

No, but it already has individual route and train selection as a feature built in. no need for BVE route randomizer.

I never had the randomizer, so I don't know how it even operates. I was just thinking if it came with it, Id try it out. But okay, thanks man...

Guys, I need major help here please... Trying to download openbve, and its not working... I clicked on these download keys, and Im messing this up big time...I remember how to get regular BVE 2, but you guys said to get this.. Help!

bve1.jpg

bve2.jpg

Zach

BVE2 works fine on Vista once you patch it up. The reason it doesn't init Direct3D relates to a problem with the GFX card. I had this issue on my cousin's lappie as well.

Try reinstalling drivers, etc.

At the time it happened for me, I reinstalled XP to the laptop and it worked fine since.

BVE2 works fine on Vista once you patch it up. The reason it doesn't init Direct3D relates to a problem with the GFX card. I had this issue on my cousin's lappie as well.

Try reinstalling drivers, etc.

At the time it happened for me, I reinstalled XP to the laptop and it worked fine since.

Too much of a hassle. Better off just running OpenBVE.

Ok I am having an issue with the routes can anyone help me out with how I go about installing the routes I followed the openbve tutorial about making the folders for trains and railways. I opened it up and i don't see the stations i just see the signals and I cant get my train to move lol.