Anyone in need of Subway sounds?

SubaruWRX

I made an R160B siemens sound for Trainz railroad simulator for usage on my Youtube channel, but it's not good right now. If you can get a full cycle (acceleration, speed, deceleration), it would make my current sound 10X better (and I'll credit you, of course).

Please, get me some interior sound of the R160B, doors opening and closing, the sound of automated announcement and the train leaving the station.

I have one done on a R160 that I did on the (N) however must of still doing software testing since it never said "stand clear of the door's please" and no chime. So I have to redo that one over.

Should be .wav, you guys can then just convert it on your PC to what ever format or compression you need.

my recorder can record in a few formats.

wav 44.1kHz/16bit

wav 44.1kHz/24bit

wav 48kHz/16 bit

wav 48kHz/24 bit

wav 96kHz/16 bit

wav 96kHz/24 bit

Mp3, 48k, 56k, 64k, 80k, 96k, 112k, 128k, 160k, 192k, 224k, 256k, 320kbps

and mp3 VBR

but can't do 4 ch surround in mp3 but can convert it in adobe Audition afterwards

my recorder can record in a few formats.

wav 44.1kHz/16bit

wav 44.1kHz/24bit

wav 48kHz/16 bit

wav 48kHz/24 bit

wav 96kHz/16 bit

wav 96kHz/24 bit

Mp3, 48k, 56k, 64k, 80k, 96k, 112k, 128k, 160k, 192k, 224k, 256k, 320kbps

and mp3 VBR

but can't do 4 ch surround in mp3 but can convert it in adobe Audition afterwards

That works, I use the old version of Adobe Audition, Cool Edit Pro. It recognizes all of those.

I have some sounds i've taken in 2007 when i went to visit my family. It includes long trips in R160B and 1 trip in R160A on the N line and several R68 trips on the N too, 1 trip in an R46 on the F and several sounds of R62A on the 7.

I will post some of them to see if you are ok with them;)

Back when I rode on the N and waited about 20 min for a newer R160A to roll in they must of still been testing since I had no warning about the doors were going to close and no ding-dong chime.

The recorder I will be using is a Zoom H2

We will see what happens but last time I tried with my Condenser mics (I forgot what line and model I was on) I was able to hear the deceleration with no issues but I think it has more of a factor of what you are listening to the sounds on one of the files I used back during the summer was almost unusable with all the low rumbling.

but I will give it a shot tomorrow.

Hey what are the odds I will get a empty car on the R42? Most of those are on the (J)/(Z) lines?

edit I have a small clip of the acceleration of a train on the (F) train but some guy in the background was yapping away on his phone :mad:

There you go 2 sounds i've recorded on September 2007 with my olympus WS300M:

First one is a long run on the N line onboard a R160B from the entrance of 5th Avenue to Avenue U. Lucky me even if it was during the evening rush hour not many people were talking loudly and only a few damn mobile phone....

(right click save)

http://jagdpanther93.free.fr/R160B_N-Train(5thAvenue-AvenueU).WMA

and second one is a R68 on the N line between Avenue U and Canal Street.

http://jagdpanther93.free.fr/R68_N-Train(AvenueU-CanalStreet).WMA

Enjoy;)

Wirelessly posted (HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

here with y2julio eating aT pauls burgers looks like the 6 train was closed in some spots but I got some sounds I took the E for the R42 but it was pretty full subway is pretty loud when you think about it. I will be back again on sunday to do some more recording. also I heard the PA system on the R42 lol sounds like some cars have a louder squeal then others. anyways posting from my phone while eating B)

first of all one thing I needed to know for the R160B did you want the deceleration sound from the inside or outside? if the inside I have to do another recording in a more silent car plus it would require me to be down on the floor and I think I would get some weird looks.. I pretty much got weird looks yesterday just standing a recording lol.

I did get the R160B train Horn B)

pretty much everything but a good deceleration from the inside.

The opening of the doors came out very well.. you can hear the motor pulling the door open.

Also to note the HAVC system sounds like a friken wind storm so I will have to redo that as well.

For the R42 and the PA system I was unsure if you wanted the talking and the buzzing sound it makes or just the buzzing.. if it's just the buzzing then maybe I can find a train that is sitting idle with it like me a Y2julio saw at a station yesterday.

Also vocal announcements came out very well I don't know if a certain line was needed so I just picked any random line.

I will use winZip to put the smaller files with each other

So included in the zip file is:

-R160 Horn

-R42 with PA system headed to Marcy Ave

-R160 Door close (with stand clear and door chime)

-R160 Door close 2 (louder with door chime and no stand clear)

-R160 HVAC

-R160 door open without the announcement spoken yet.

http://rapidshare.com/files/192502200/Subway_Sounds_2009.zip.html

I will be out and about in the city again and I do check my email often so if anyone needs any other sounds ask in this thread.

the other sounds will follow after this post.

For SevenEleven

here is the file for the PA system it's almost like the zip file above but a bit longer with a little sound of deceleration... however I took the E so it was pretty loud with the people talking.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FEQ68H6G

I will try again for the acceleration and deceleration

N-Trizzy 2609

Your request will be sent in a PM

Archived