My Terrible Ride on the M2 LTD- 02/11/09

FamousNYLover

I was at 5th Av/79th St bus stop and there was aggressive wheelchair man who looks like homeless was using inapproxiate language because he drop his cigarrets and no one want to help him.

I step up to the pole, and I signal M4 bus with LTD sign to stop, but he did not stop, but soon as M2 LTD MV 9331 Nova RTS-06 pulled over, I swipe my MetroCard, and :eek:, that crazy wheelchair bus got on bus too!

I heard that he was going to 42nd St, and I was afraid he was going to follow me, so I got off at 60th St, and J-croos the East Drive when East Drive had green light for crossing 59th St, but I did not want to take chance, so I entered non ADA Station at 5th Av/59th St.

Irrational, rude, belligerent type of behavior from people is so commonplace on the B35 here, it's not even funny... I wish I were exaggerating with this, but I am not.... The only time I take the B35 is if I'm boarding somewhere before E. 18th st from the west... anything east of E 18th st (inclusive), I take the dollar cab, or walk... don't care how bad the weather is.... shame that it's come to that.... this day & age, people have taken the term "public transit" to a whole new level....

I guess, for all these yrs. I had (well, still have) to put up w/ the shit that goes on, on the B35...

my feelin's towards what you described there, must be highly skewed... b/c I fail to see where your ride was so terrible....

Wheelchair passengers rude in and out of the bus, man that's scary. In fact that's the first time I'm reading about this. I hope you guys didn't get the brunt of it. Man I hope everything's alright.

Well not ALL wheelchair passengers are arrogant and rude.

However, IMO, could they just call Access-A-Ride? I mean, that would save us all a lot of time.

i was goin to dirmas ave on the (F) from coney this week now they said we had to get off ave x go to the coney island side and take a manhatten the train did not come for over an hour now when i was goin home i had the same thing and i waited for about 30 min so i spent 1 hour and a half just for waiting on the train just to go to the store sometimes its better off walking

i was goin to dirmas ave on the (F) from coney this week now they said we had to get off ave x go to the coney island side and take a manhatten the train did not come for over an hour now when i was goin home i had the same thing and i waited for about 30 min so i spent 1 hour and a half just for waiting on the train just to go to the store sometimes its better off walking

Not at all... I once got off the B at Brighton and was trying to wait for a Q, but it didn't come. And I really had to take a wee and the restrooms at the station were closed... So I tried my luck with local eateries, but no. So I ended up walking ALL THE WAY to the Coney Island station before relieving myself. Not cool.

Anyways, the topic is about buses and wheelchair users. So let's get back to it.

I remember about 2 years ago when I was coming from the SI Mall and rode the S61 home. It was very late and 2 wheelchair passengers got on. I was very pissed. Also, it got crowded and the driver was going very slow.

I remember about 2 years ago when I was coming from the SI Mall and rode the S61 home. It was very late and 2 wheelchair passengers got on. I was very pissed. Also, it got crowded and the driver was going very slow.

Wow, now that's a big pain in the arse.

Seriously, why can't they just call Access-A-Ride?

Right there with you. Shoot, if I had a little white bus that'd pick me up at my door and take me anywhere I wanted to go, and I didn't have to wait for the subway, I'd be all over that.

I mean, the ramps on most of the buses (O5s, NF Artics and the RTS) take time to operate, so to save everybody's time... why not go for a minibus that actually goes to your doorstep?

You mean, like a germaphobe...

Or are actually... BOOO!!!!... AHHHH!!!...

Afraid of Mud?

Yes. I don't like to walk on dirt after rain, but I like to walk in dry dirt in West Pond in Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge.

Does anyone else have anything to add to this thread? If not i'm going to close it by midnight tonight.

- (A)

I think you could lock it.

Archived