Division b/t Crosstown & Culver?

R62A 1991

I need to know for sure. Where exactly does the Crosstown line end and the Culver line begin? Is Culver everything south of Church Av & Crosstown everything north? Thanks in advance.

Yes. In 1954, the IND Crosstown line was extended to the BMT Culver via ramp to Ditmas Avenue. The remaining part of the BMT Culver line (which turned and went towards the West End line and merged with it) was turned into The Culver Shuttle, Running From Ditmas Avenue to 9th Avenue. This Culver Shuttle was knocked down in 1975.

Actually the Culver starts at York St and ends at Coney Island,the viaduct is called The Culver Viaduct,not Crosstown Viaduct. The name shows its part of the Culver,lol.

As for the Crosstown,it ends at Church Av and then Crosstown and Culver shares lines starting at Bergen Street to Church.

Actually the Culver starts at York St and ends at Coney Island,the viaduct is called The Culver Viaduct,not Crosstown Viaduct. The name shows its part of the Culver,lol.

As for the Crosstown,it ends at Church Av and then Crosstown and Culver shares lines starting at Bergen Street to Church.

Ok, so they're intertwined. Don't know what to call it...I'll stick with Crosstown for now. Thanks.

You'rewrong!!!!! First of all York Street is part of the 6th Avenue Line! :mad::mad::mad: Go to NYC Subway.org/lines. What will you see under BMT Culver Line? 9th Avenue to Coney Island. What will you see under IND Crosstown Line? Court Square to Church Avenue!!! The stations on the (F) line between Church and Bergen are crosstown. Jay Street Boro Hall is part of the 8th Avenue Line:mad::mad::mad: York Street was built with the 6th Avenue Line.

Stop being ignorant and know what you're talking about before you post!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:D

You'rewrong!!!!! First of all York Street is part of the 6th Avenue Line! :mad::mad::mad: Go to NYC Subway.org/lines. What will you see under BMT Culver Line? 9th Avenue to Coney Island. What will you see under IND Crosstown Line? Court Square to Church Avenue!!! The stations on the (F) line between Church and Bergen are crosstown. Jay Street Boro Hall is part of the 8th Avenue Line:mad::mad::mad: York Street was built with the 6th Avenue Line.

Stop being ignorant and know what you're talking about before you post!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Easy there, does it really matter what it's called?

Im not being ignorant,you need to calm yourself!! I made a mistake just like how everyone makes mistakes,no reason to get mad over a mistake!! And the Viaduct is called "The Culver Viaduct" not Crosstown.

Im not being ignorant,you need to calm yourself!! I made a mistake just like how everyone makes mistakes,no reason to get mad over a mistake!! And the Viaduct is called "The Culver Viaduct" not Crosstown.

dude i was joking... did you now see how i said after I was bored and wasn't actually like that.. sorry.. :D

we're cool.. right?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

The Crosstown really ends at Bergen, and the (F) is not considered part "Crosstown line" The viaduct and subways between Church and Bergen were always called by the IND stuff like "the Prospect Park line (there was even a discussion recently on a picture of tiles on the *th Av line saying "Prospect Park" apparently from when the (A) or (E) went there in the 30's. I think it was also known as "the Brooklyn line" at some point then as well).

Names I used to try to think of for it were the "Neo-Culver line", or the "Gowanus" line, since the viaduct parallels the similar Gowanus Expwy bridge over the canals.

Archived