1, 2, 3 and 5 lines back on schedule

Trainspotter

Oh why do you jump in front of trains suicidal maniac? Can't you go get a gun or a noose and not affect the subway service? Better yet, realize that suicide is not a temporary solution, but is indeed quite permanent.

Heard of "suicide by proxy". Here are a couple of reasons why some choose these options rather than others.

1. Some people who want to commit suicide, don't have the galls to do it themselves. Most suicide by proxy "victims" (I use victims here loosely, like White Castle loosens ones stool) possibly have tried to kill themselves, but chickened out, due to the fact they couldn't kill THEMSELVES. It takes alot of courage to put a gun in ones mouth, or a noose around ones neck. It takes alot of courage for them to pull the trigger, or take the short plunge off a chair etc...It doesn't take alot of courage for someone seeking death, to make a split decision to jump in front of a train, or bus. It isn't like pulling a trigger. It's a whole psychological thing.

2. Some of these "victims" have religion (believe it or not). They think they will go into purgatory (limbo land), or Hell for committing suicide by their own hands. So they feel if someone else kills them, then it ain't really suicide (even though we know it is). No, they don't care about the real victim (the one who has to be the major player in this). IMO, suicide by proxy is a selfish act. For me, they prove this by NOT considering the consequences of involving a second party, who has to witness and be apart of this. Again, they are bent on dying, but not by their own hands.

Life is hard at times, but any type of suicide shows the ultimate weakness in ones self to me. I am not talking about terminally ill persons, who just want the pain to stop. I am talking about those who are down on their luck, and feel this is the best solution. I do respect those who would do it themselves, and not involve anyone else to do it. Those who do this by proxy, I don't respect, at all.

This is my .2 of a cent on this. I ain't got 2 cents.

Archived