Rahway Action

Nice!

Get your comet 2 photos in, because they are being phased out incrementally!

- A

No their not...I don't know where you get your news from, Comet II's were rebuilt so they would be with us for a long time. The only cars that are taken out are Comet I's replaced for the most part by the Multilevels allowing for more single level equipment to be shifted to Hoboken Routes with ML's for the most part going on NYP trains except for a few Waldwick-Hoboken and RVL runs.

Nice!

Get your comet 2 photos in, because they are being phased out incrementally!

- A

The Comet IIIs are being phased out, not the Comet IIs. The Comet IIIs have the best seats among the Comets if not comfort as well as the best brakes. I wished that NJT rebuilt the Comet IIIs instead of the Comet IIs since the center door can really help relieve crowds.

The only cars being phased out were the Comet I's. The comet III's are going to continue to be used. Just go ride the Bayhead Shuttles or the Hoboken-Bayhead trains and you will see what I mean. When the time comes they will be the next to go but don't expect that with all the proposed expansions NJT wants to do.

The only cars being phased out were the Comet I's. The comet III's are going to continue to be used. Just go ride the Bayhead Shuttles or the Hoboken-Bayhead trains and you will see what I mean. When the time comes they will be the next to go but don't expect that with all the proposed expansions NJT wants to do.

Yes that is correct.

Eric

The Comet IIIs are being phased out, not the Comet IIs. The Comet IIIs have the best seats among the Comets if not comfort as well as the best brakes. I wished that NJT rebuilt the Comet IIIs instead of the Comet IIs since the center door can really help relieve crowds.

Comet III have a good 20 Years To Go. They might get rebuilt soon but phased out? The Comet II (2013) Comet III (2021) Comet IV (2022), NJ Transit want to add more Multi-Level to replace the out going Comet I's and Ib's. NO COMET THREES ARE RETIRING SOON!

To continue on this post, I spent some time today along with Eric K on the Coastline and let me tell you there were alot of Comet III's out there.

Guys, I remember stumbling over this: http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080705/STATE/807050343

I think the Comet IIIs next to be phased. Cab Cars 5009 and 5010 had already been sold back to MN and retired in late 2008. I'm riding the Comet IIIs as much as I could now.

Comet III's will not be phased out I contacted NJT tonight and was told there are no plans to take cars out of the fleet, the MN cars were given back to them because enough Comet V's had been delivered and they techincally were still MN cars. Those cars will be used for MN's new OCS.

Already confirmed talked to a friend tonight who works for them as well. Like I said just go ride the Bay Head shuttles if you really want to ride/see them!
I catch them by luck on the Midtown Directs sometimes. They are the most comfortable Comets behind the Comet VIs with the best A/Cs.

I catch them by luck on the Midtown Directs sometimes. They are the most comfortable Comets behind the Comet VIs with the best A/Cs.

The Multilevels are alright, but lately they have had flatspots, comet III's are ok but I rather be on an Arrow set if I had the choice between the two, the IIm and IV are ok and well I think V's are ok more could have been done for the interior.

Archived