Microsoft: Avoid Macs - Cash in on Windows Value

mark1447

Everything is proprietary

Everything huh? What part is proprietary? Certainly not the processor...they use a regular x86 chip like your Dell does...

A PC has many more advantages when it comes to compatability.

Actually a Mac would have greater compatibility since it can run Windows as well as OS X.

Everything huh? What part is proprietary? Certainly not the processor...they use a regular x86 chip like your Dell does...

Actually a Mac would have greater compatibility since it can run Windows as well as OS X.

They used to use PPC processors which were proprietary. You can run OSX on any machine. My friend did it on his Lenovo netbook. Has OSX and Linux on it.

Im my opinion a mac is truly a " machine ". It serves its purpose...but that purpose is for people that do real work such as film editing, audio production, mastering/mixing, etc. If you walk into any studil, they dont have a dell, or an HP, or any of those, they have MACs...with logic and protools. Logic and Protools is the standard, so MAC is the standard. Why buy a mac unless, like mentioned before, u want that coolness factor...a sleek machine. To only use internet, silly FL studio or cool edit pro, reason, simple prgrams like that, why get a MAC. A MAC is made for work...efficinet, durable, and dependable. Thats like getting a land rover LR3 with all the features...and only drinving to the store with it..wtf? MACs are for work, not stylish PCs that are " cool ". IM not saying that PCs are worthless they are some good PCs out there...but MAC is the standard for any film editing, audio production studio. period.

Im my opinion a mac is truly a " machine ". It serves its purpose...but that purpose is for people that do real work such as film editing, audio production, mastering/mixing, etc.
I'm a Musician and I do lots of audio recording and I use a PC. That whole Macs are made for Audio and Video is such BS. BTW, if you were into Audio recording, you would know that Pro Tools is also available for Windows.

They used to use PPC processors which were proprietary. You can run OSX on any machine. My friend did it on his Lenovo netbook. Has OSX and Linux on it.

I'm well aware of osx86, it's another hack that I wouldn't trust to work every time you boot it up.

I'm a Musician and I do lots of audio recording and I use a PC. That whole Macs are made for Audio and Video is such BS. BTW, if you were into Audio recording, you would know that Pro Tools is also available for Windows.

The notion that "Macs are better for graphics and audio" is a throwback from the early nineties when Macs tended to come with fully-functioned audio (not just a 'PC speaker') and a dedicated graphics card. Some of the models even came with integrated video capture (i.e. Quadra 840AV). Now the argument holds about as much water as "all anyone will ever need is 640kb of RAM" :(

I'm going to close this, as it seems to be a source of much conflict & disagreement.

Everyone is entitled to their own view, but since this thread has basically come down to people disagreeing who generally are not computer engineers, and are just stating pure opinion, it's not going anywhere.

From now on these types of posts are not to be marked as news, and if you think it might cause conflict or heated replies please simply ask me or (H) or (Z) and we can sort it out.

Thanks for understanding! :(

- (A)

Archived