When it's train versus bus, the bus loses

Trainspotter

When it's train versus bus, the bus loses

Workers were surveying the damage on a bus after a slow-moving freight train collided with a city bus at 53rd Street and 1st Avenue in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, yesterday. There were two passengers on the bus, and one was treated for minor injuries

The bus was a B11 new flyer and the locomotive was an SW1500 locomotive.

Could have gotten stuck on the crossing due to the traffic that could have been in front of him....

It's not a railroad crossing if thats what you mean. The tracks run along the avenue for about 7-8 blocks in the middle of the streets. The bus could have been caught turning up or crossing the avenue it self.

OH, so its a B11 and not a B37 or B70. I thought this incident happened on 2nd Ave......oh well.

But just to make something clear, with any incident involving a train and a vehicle on a street, the train WILL ALWAYS win! Thats how I've seen over time and history.......

We need to get DOB an AC4400 on 1st avenue to bulldoze all the Orion VII's to hell.

Nah. Just some garbage container railcars, filled with 1 Orion VII bus each. I will do a push mode with said diesel train, and push them off the southern tip of the island, into the river. I would be :D all the way.

Archived