Bus Operator processing

tonyr37

passed the test last year and am now going to HQ next week for the next phase of processing.

What can I expect on the questionnaire and what comes next?

I don't have a CDL permit yet. What is expected at this point?

thanks

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
i have a pre-employment on tuesday 5/27/2009 and i dont have a cdl permit. should i still go to the pre-employment or wait till i get my cdl permit and then call them back

Your treading water my friend. May 27th is a Wednesday,if it it's on Tuesday you won't have time to get your cdl permit. You are from #5025 list right? You took the exam 3 yrs ago and you still don't have your permit?

What is the deal here people? Does she get passed up/put on hold for a later class or just plain disqualified?

Do you know which cdl written tests you have to take?

Your treading water my friend. May 27th is a Wednesday,if it it's on Tuesday you won't have time to get your cdl permit. You are from #5025 list right? You took the exam 3 yrs ago and you still don't have your permit?

What is the deal here people? Does she get passed up/put on hold for a later class or just plain disqualified?

Do you know which cdl written tests you have to take?

aahhh list 5025...I had a list number of 604 and I passed it up.....thanks to the folks on here telling me to stay at MTA BUS......but anyway ....yae for real u took this test like 3 years ago and still no permit?? talk about not talking stuff seriously.....but to start the process you don't need anything....physical......but by the time they tell u to report for training you better have a cdl permit or guess what?? just stay home~!!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

It seems there's a lot of good advice and info in these forums but it's become too many subjects that relate to the same issues. Can anyone find out if they can be condensed so the same subjects won't be missed? It really seems redundant.

Thanks

aahhh list 5025...I had a list number of 604 and I passed it up.....thanks to the folks on here telling me to stay at MTA BUS......but anyway ....yae for real u took this test like 3 years ago and still no permit?? talk about not talking stuff seriously.....but to start the process you don't need anything....physical......but by the time they tell u to report for training you better have a cdl permit or guess what?? just stay home~!!

That sums it all up,thanks for clarifying that up CPBO. Physical=medical,same thing. Need to bring food for the day and a pillow right?

Who advised you to stay at MTA Bus? Identify these people so we can ignore them,lol,that should have been your last option. Us list numbers have been getting plenty of advice on here but in the end it is up to us to make up our minds.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

It seems there's a lot of good advice and info in these forums but it's become too many subjects that relate to the same issues. Can anyone find out if they can be condensed so the same subjects won't be missed? It really seems redundant.

Thanks

I agree with you 100%. I figure people start a new thread so there post gets read first. There are way too many B/O related threads. What I have been doing is copying posts that I find helpful and saving it to a wordpad file.

I agree with you 100%. I figure people start a new thread so there post gets read first. There are way too many B/O related threads. What I have been doing is copying posts that I find helpful and saving it to a wordpad file.

Thanks Loco, you're probably right. I was thinking maybe if there are moderators reviewing the site they can do something so it doesn't spin out of control. It's bad enough with some of the English out here...:mad:

But in spite of the grammar, I've learned alot and I'm grateful to all that have posted. As far as being #474 on the 8006 list, I'm hoping the new depot helps the lists move quick and maybe within 2 years. I saw them BBQ today at the Yukon depot. Nice thing for the guys that have to work a traditional BBQ day. I wanted to stop by and say hello, telling them i'm on the waiting list and see if i could grab a burger.. lol

Thanks Loco, you're probably right. I was thinking maybe if there are moderators reviewing the site they can do something so it doesn't spin out of control. It's bad enough with some of the English out here...:mad:

But in spite of the grammar, I've learned alot and I'm grateful to all that have posted. As far as being #474 on the 8006 list, I'm hoping the new depot helps the lists move quick and maybe within 2 years. I saw them BBQ today at the Yukon depot. Nice thing for the guys that have to work a traditional BBQ day. I wanted to stop by and say hello, telling them i'm on the waiting list and see if i could grab a burger.. lol

You can say that again,and some of the spelling mistakes on here makes you shake your head. But it is the people who post on here that make this forum work.

All you had to do was say that you know Chris Frusci and they would have let you in,lol. It is better to talk to them while they are off duty then while they are driving the bus.

That sums it all up,thanks for clarifying that up CPBO. Physical=medical,same thing. Need to bring food for the day and a pillow right?

Who advised you to stay at MTA Bus? Identify these people so we can ignore them,lol,that should have been your last option. Us list numbers have been getting plenty of advice on here but in the end it is up to us to make up our minds.

I could cut and paste it......Who advised you to stay at MTA Bus? Identify these people so we can ignore them,lol....but I am good where I am at.....the MTA BUS will be like MaBstoa.....whenever a new contract comes thru...we will have close to the same pay if not parity...I am glad to have a job with retirement.....that is what is most important!!....I am a part of history....I will be able to say I worked at the old private lines....when it first became MTA BUS....I remember when we got our first contract as MTA bUS.....etc...

I could cut and paste it......Who advised you to stay at MTA Bus? Identify these people so we can ignore them,lol....but I am good where I am at.....the MTA BUS will be like MaBstoa.....whenever a new contract comes thru...we will have close to the same pay if not parity...I am glad to have a job with retirement.....that is what is most important!!....I am a part of history....I will be able to say I worked at the old private lines....when it first became MTA BUS....I remember when we got our first contract as MTA bUS.....etc...

Yeah I follow the contract talks/arbitration rumors on a privately run LGA depot website. I grew up riding the private lines as a kid(Triboro Coach).

How many routes do they have at CP? 18?...if they ever change it where you can pick into any depot(ta,oa,mta bus)I would choose LGA or CP before any of the other Queens depots. If the new contract is going to be the same for everybody then that is what they should do.

i took the boss exam 2801. i went to the pre-employment and they told me they will hold my application cause i dont have a drivers license for three years

I'm so sorry B) to here that JP. I had to do the same thing. When I had to report 03/08. I was put on hold because i needed to wait another year. to have three. Just to think I would have past Probation about three months ago.:tdown:. So I know how that feels. When will you have three yrs.

Thanks

actually it's A beautiful thing not Rebumbum hoo hooo

I remember (2)so cpbo where's our retro where's out contract where and when will we all be happy at(MTA)BUS

hmmm seems to me they trying to stick it to all of us and your happy (K)<R>

Archived