Q Train: Shuttle Buses Replace Trains between Prospect Park and Kings Highway

MattTrain

Shuttle Buses replace (Q)trains between Kings Hwy and Prospect Park

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, May 15 - 18

• Transfer between the (Q) and the express or local shuttle bus at Prospect Park or Kings Hwy.

• Express shuttle buses only make stops at Prospect Park and Kings Hwy.

• Local shuttle buses make all stops between Prospect Park and Kings Hwy.

Best route traveling from Brooklyn to Manhattan

Customers at West 8 Street, Ocean Parkway, Brighton Beach, Sheepshead Bay, Neck Road, Avenue U, and Kings Highway stations should take a Coney Island-bound (Q) train to Stillwell Av and transfer to (N) for Manhattan

For more information, click here You should scroll down to the bottom of that page.

Phase II of the Brighton Line Station Reconstruction Project? The closure of Avenue H, J, and M ?

Those stations are closed, for this G.O. I believe it's to improve the platforms. I don't think they'll do the exact same thing as Avenue U and Neck Road during this time period. From what I can see the (N)'s got a heavy load now service the (Q) riders too.

Those stations are closed, for this G.O. I believe it's to improve the platforms. I don't think they'll do the exact same thing as Avenue U and Neck Road during this time period. From what I can see the (N)'s got a heavy load now service the (Q) riders too.

I know they're closed for the G.O. Thats what Im saying. Perhaps this G.O. is taking effect, to begin work on those 3 stations just like Avenue U and Neck Road.

I know they're closed for the G.O. Thats what Im saying. Perhaps this G.O. is taking effect, to begin work on those 3 stations just like Avenue U and Neck Road.

You may be right about that one. I just got a pamphlet about that G.O. it says "We are rehabilitating the Brighton Beach Station" I should scan this later.

You may be right about that one. I just got a pamphlet about that G.O. it says "We are rehabilitating the Brighton Beach Station" I should scan this later.

Rehabbing the Brighton Beach Station? Really? It was rehabbed back in 1995. hmmm

i think they are actually taking the final steps in the newkirk avenue rehabilitation. brighton beach is not between kings highway and prospect park. there must be an error in the take-one. if they were rehabiliating that station, they would shut down the (Q) between Kings Highway and Stillwell Avenue.

Phase II of the Brighton Line Station Reconstruction Project? The closure of Avenue H, J, and M ?

There giving Newkirk ave station a rehab. Thats why they had those G.Os the past few weeks of Mantthan bound (Q) trains bypassing Newkirk ave. I used that station yesterday there was contactors all over that station (At the ground level) doing work on that station.

And brighton beach is not getting worked on, who ever typed up the G.O simply made a misake.

There giving Newkirk ave station a rehab. Thats why they had those G.Os the past few weeks of Mantthan bound (Q) trains bypassing Newkirk ave. I used that station yesterday there was contactors all over that station (At the ground level) doing work on that station.

And brighton beach is not getting worked on, who ever typed up the G.O simply made a misake.

Oh Okay. Sweet. Thanks for clarification.:tup:

I'm one of them, I'm taking mass transit for the Yankees game on Sunday at 1:05 PM, and I live at Avenue J, and I have to take the shuttle bus and then the (4), it's so dumb.

You can take ethier the B6 or B11 to the Junction (Its not that long of a ride) and transfer to the (2) train and take it to ethier Frankin ave or Nevins st and transfer to the (4) stright to Yankee studium.

You can take ethier the B6 or B11 to the Junction (Its not that long of a ride) and transfer to the (2) train and take it to ethier Frankin ave or Nevins st and transfer to the (4) stright to Yankee studium.

You took the words right out of mouth dude!:tup::cool: I was just about to say to hook up with the (2), then the (4).

Fixing Avenue H, Avenue J, Avenue M and Newkirk Avenue makes more sense as of why this GO is going to occur this weekend. I'm a regular Brighton Rider myself on the (Q) so it's going to be a really interesting commute to take the (N) at Coney Island to Manhattan. The (N)(2)(4) will be carrying more riders from the (Q), and maybe the (F) too.

It was to be a cool G.O for me, as I was to report at PP at the regular time (shaving almost a half our off the trip), and have only the three truncated trips to 57. But My knee suddenly began acting up yesterday after hitting it on somethign weeks ago, and I'm out the whole weekend, and may have to get X-rays tomorrow. Could hardly bend it yesteday. Had to l;imp all the way to the doctor, and it got worse and worse.

Hate to miss a good rare G/O like that. (Like when I moved when I was to have the (D) to Whitehall last year). Especially with all the crummy G/O's I always seem to catch (going through the tunnel, all three trips, pushed past clearing time, etc).

Archived