Orlando LYNX

Cait Sith

• 2 weeks later...

Brings back memories of my few Florida years. The Lynx system isn't bad at all for what it is - can get from one side of the city to the other in about 45 minutes.

Now the bus systems elsewhere in that state *cough cough Tampa/St. Pete*... atrocious.

Very Good Pics and Video! LYNX is not a bad system for it's size and I find a lot of their bus routes to be a bit on the busy side.

I was down there for 3 days in 2005 before they got the BRT's. The last video is pretty much close to the hotel that I was staying in in 05. The only thing I don't like about being down by that route (55/56) is that it ends about 8-9 PM every night unless that has changed. At least the 56 should end @ about 12-1 AM since it go's to Disney

I like LYNX...they're a pretty good transit company...besides the fact that I can't get a 49 back to Pine Hills Rd. on Sunday after 7:00pm! But I wish they'd run their Orion 5's with the 6v92's and their 35 foot Orion 5 CNG's again. The BRT is nice and so is the Phantom...but they're a lil boring 2 look @ ALL the time.

Very Good Pics and Video! LYNX is not a bad system for it's size and I find a lot of their bus routes to be a bit on the busy side.

I was down there for 3 days in 2005 before they got the BRT's. The last video is pretty much close to the hotel that I was staying in in 05. The only thing I don't like about being down by that route (55/56) is that it ends about 8-9 PM every night unless that has changed. At least the 56 should end @ about 12-1 AM since it go's to Disney

There was some proposal from what I saw about extending times on LYNX 55 and 56, and to make a more flexible schedule for it. Were you staying at the Clarion Hotel? I was there too ;)

There was some proposal from what I saw about extending times on LYNX 55 and 56, and to make a more flexible schedule for it. Were you staying at the Clarion Hotel? I was there too ;)

Ah I c. I saw the 55/56 schedule online and I notice that the 56 ends around 10:30-10:45 PM every day. Hopefully it be extended til at least 12-1 AM sooner or later.

To be honest, I don't remember the name that good since it was a long time ago (2005) and I only remember a blue sign in the Hotel with a Parking Lot.

• 1 month later...

A lil late for the post, but the LYNX is the ish. They're making a BRT route soon from downtown Orlando to Universal Studios in 2011. The LYNX is also making a commuter rail from Lakeland to Sanford via Disney and Orlando. Starting 2010 or 2011.

Archived