(N), (W) Terminate @ Queens-Boro Plaza

R160

Due to a train problem at Lexington Avenue, 59th Street, there were no Manhattan bound (N), (R), or (W) trains from 6:51 AM to 7:30 AM.

(N) and (W) were terminated at Queens-Boro Plaza and sent to the express track until the lines were cleared. I was going to school and there were maybe 8 or 9 trains starting from Astoria Blvd and ending around 39th Avenue.

(R) trains were re-routed to the (F) line.

Alternatives:

to Lexington Avenue: Take a Manhattan bound (7) train from Queens-Boro Plaza and transfer at 42nd Street - Grand Central for an uptown (4), (5), or (6) train.

5th Avenue (59th Street) and 57th Street/Midtown: Take a Manhattan bound (7) train from Queens-Boro Plaza and transfer at 42nd Street - Grand Central for the (S) to Times Square. Take an uptown/Queens bound (N), (W), or (R) train.

Why is it that the (N)/(W) always seem to screw up even in the lightest conditions? Today it took me 17 minutes to go from Astoria Blvd. to Queens-Boro Plaza.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There <R> A bunch of way to get around this get off at Astoria Blvd and take the (M)60 over the bridge or get off at (3)(9)ave to get the (E)(V)(R) or the <Q>101 you have options around problems like these plan ahead.

Didn't have time to get off at 39th...I would have to take the (R) all the way to Court St; plus, the (R) was backed up as well. I don't know buses well enough.

Archived