Double-decker subway trains???

LRG

and how would the trains get power? Remember, those trains are pulled by a diesel engine. The seats go down into the area that in subway trains houses the equipment for the trains to run. Running diesels in underground tunnels is not a good idea.

Baby Alp-46 electric engines........

as much as people think they don't but subway's do have schedules, now them being on time is another thing.

So true.....

That is a violation of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. Tha't why any transit bus as well as new subway stations MUST feature access to allow the disabled to use it.

I could be wrong, but I think they must have accessibility, if they want federal dollars. If they don't make their system accessible, they won't get any federal funds, but I don't think they have to by any law, if they get no federal dollars.

I think they all want those federal funds though.......

I could be wrong, but I think they must have accessibility, if they want federal dollars. If they don't make their system accessible, they won't get any federal funds, but I don't think they have to by any law, if they get no federal dollars.

I think they all want those federal funds though.......

The only reason I'm inclined to debate the legality of non-ADA-friendly stations/structures is remember those pay-to-use toilets that they experimented with around the city a year or so ago? (One of many times pay-to-use toilets tried to exist in this city.) The reason they never worked here that time is because they weren't ADA friendly, and this was a totally private company experimenting with these. Ugh, I can't find the article I'm trying to link to... so If I'm wrong with this, just say so... but I don't think they worked out. The newest breed of pay-toilets was installed in early '08, though.

Back to the point, double-decker subway cars just aren't practical in any way shape or form. Want to ride a double decker? Go on the LIRR or NJ transit. Last time I caught one was from Mineola-Jamaica.

Archived