invoice for fare not paid

Y2Julio

Was riding on a Huntington train and saw someone with this black and white form that said invoice for fare not paid. Is this a ticket? Will the LIRR send a bill? Why don't they just kick the person off the train.

The LIRR does send bills to people that don't have money for a ticket or the onboard fare. Conductors ask for a passengers' name and address and bill them.

Apparently, they released a list of the worst offenders and is available on News 12's website.

Not all C/Rs do that, ive seen C/Rs call up police for unpaid tickets..

Most passangers can get away with it tho.. Such as the bathroom and get a free ride the whole way.... smh

Not all C/Rs do that, ive seen C/Rs call up police for unpaid tickets..

Most passangers can get away with it tho.. Such as the bathroom and get a free ride the whole way.... smh

That happened to me on a West Hempstead train, I had to go wiz, and when I got out the condcutor was gone, but I had a ticket so it wasnt like I was cheating the system, I just had to go lol

But will the bill be for the cost of an on-board ticket, or will it have a bunch of fees and surcharges added?

It's usually the cost of an on board fare unless the bill is only for a step up or ride extension.

I have also seen significant late fees attached to these. On the ticket it also says that failure to pay can have a negative impact on your credit rating.

That happened to me on a West Hempstead train, I had to go wiz, and when I got out the condcutor was gone, but I had a ticket so it wasnt like I was cheating the system, I just had to go lol

Even if you purchased a ticket and it wasn't collected for reasons described you are cheating the system. Unless you voluntarily ripped it up. However, I don't think most will do that. They will either try to refund the ticket or use it again, hence one of the reasons they placed the restrictions they did on the tickets.

Even if you purchased a ticket and it wasn't collected for reasons described you are cheating the system. Unless you voluntarily ripped it up. However, I don't think most will do that. They will either try to refund the ticket or use it again, hence one of the reasons they placed the restrictions they did on the tickets.

sometimes tehy dont even check, especially if your trip is in long island only. They only clicked it one of the ways when i was going from Mineola to Oyster Bay.

Not really, I mean, the ticket was already paid for, it just wasn't collected. So either way, LIRR got their money.

Yes, you are right, they got their money and if the ticket was destroyed or surrendered then that's that.

But if the ticket was used again you are getting a free ride because that would have been two rides taken when only one was paid for.

If you attempted to refund it then you are getting a free ride for the ride that was taken.

Archived