B9 Late-Night Extension Proposal

BlazingCyndaquil155

As it exists now, the :bus_bullet_b9: bus ceases to run to Kings Plaza during late evenings/nights, instead terminating at Avenue L - Flatbush Avenue. During these hours, the  :bus_bullet_b7: also ends at that point (ceasing to operate west to Coney Island Avenue. Service along these lines is replaced by the  :bus_bullet_b41: / Q35 as well as the B82 for the  :bus_bullet_b9:  and  :bus_bullet_b7: respectively. However, since the  :bus_bullet_b46: is one of the most heavily operated lines in NYC (2nd most in fact), I feel that the lack of a full-time  :bus_bullet_b9: and  :bus_bullet_b46: connection is pretty lame, so I made an idea.

The :bus_bullet_b9:  would turn eastward on Kings Hwy with the :bus_bullet_b7: and make all :bus_bullet_b7: 's stops to Utica Avenue (turning around via   Utica/Glenwood and back on Kings Hwy). Daytime and rush hour :bus_bullet_b9: service would be unaffected and would run to Kings Plaza as usual.

LMFAO I am stupid. My idea sucks. (yes I did this intentionally. ur gonna mock me??? well I'll do it too Mr. I'm so f*cking superior)

If anything, just take the B82 across to Flatlands & Utica (which is closer than Kings Hwy & Utica) to connect to the 46. Or even just walk down Flatlands itself if you need the B46.

Where did I make a damn joke?

Have you ever ridden or waited on the B82 overnight? Especially during the f*cking 1 or 2:00 hours? You claim that Flatlands/Utica is closer? Not everyone is going southbound (the world doesn't revolve around Mr. Fresh Pond) Are you dumb?  :angry:  Have you even actually did the walk??? That can mean the difference between catching and missing the bus! And you really don't wanna miss the bus during late-night hours!

Oh, and a 3-leg transfer is never a good idea. WTF?

#1 Reason why we need the Utica Avenue Subway. The 2nd densest bus route in NYC. And, like every other peasant bus route in this sh*tty city (like the B9 and especially B7 if that even counts), it has crappy overnight headways.

I thought you would know this kind of stuff, Mr. Superior God that you are (not). Considering that you were apparently on the forums since 2008!

The question is: How many people need that connection at that time of the night? I understand for that small amount of people (which could very well be zero), it makes a big difference to walk extra distances or wait a full hour for the next bus, but at the same time, the MTA has to be efficient with its resources.

Depending on where along the B9 you are, the B6, B8, and B82 are alternate routes for those wishing to connect to the B46. There's also north-south transit lines like the (F), (Q), B44, B49, and B68 that you can use to connect with an east-west line like the B12, B35, or B43.

So between all of those alternatives, how many people will specifically need to connect from the B9 to the B46 at that time of night?

As for the B46, one of the things that always irritated me, is that being one of the busiest routes in the city, it still runs every 60 minutes overnight. I think it should be running every 30 minutes like the M15. 

The question is: How many people need that connection at that time of the night? I understand for that small amount of people (which could very well be zero), it makes a big difference to walk extra distances or wait a full hour for the next bus, but at the same time, the MTA has to be efficient with its resources.

Depending on where along the B9 you are, the B6, B8, and B82 are alternate routes for those wishing to connect to the B46. There's also north-south transit lines like the (F), (Q), B44, B49, and B68 that you can use to connect with an east-west line like the B12, B35, or B43.

So between all of those alternatives, how many people will specifically need to connect from the B9 to the B46 at that time of night?

As for the B46, one of the things that always irritated me, is that being one of the busiest routes in the city, it still runs every 60 minutes overnight. I think it should be running every 30 minutes like the M15. 

The B46 runs every 60 minutes while sh*t like the (G) runs every 20 minutes. And they have no excuse not to send out buses, the B46 literally passes the depot it runs out of (and terminates there part-time!)

Have you ever ridden or waited on the B82 overnight? Especially during the f*cking 1 or 2:00 hours? You claim that Flatlands/Utica is closer? Not everyone is going southbound (the world doesn't revolve around Mr. Fresh Pond) Are you dumb?  :angry:  Have you even actually did the walk??? That can mean the difference between catching and missing the bus! And you really don't wanna miss the bus during late-night hours!

#1 Reason why we need the Utica Avenue Subway. The 2nd densest bus route in NYC. And, like every other peasant bus route in this sh*tty city (like the B9 and especially B7 if that even counts), it has crappy overnight headways.

I thought you would know this kind of stuff, Mr. Superior God that you are (not). Considering that you were apparently on the forums since 2008!

Jesus... chill boy...

Have you ever ridden or waited on the B82 overnight? Especially during the f*cking 1 or 2:00 hours? You claim that Flatlands/Utica is closer? Not everyone is going southbound (the world doesn't revolve around Mr. Fresh Pond) Are you dumb? :angry: Have you even actually did the walk??? That can mean the difference between catching and missing the bus! And you really don't wanna miss the bus during late-night hours!

Jesus Christ kid, tone it down a notch.

The B7 doesn't even run overnights, and neither does the B9. You're warranting for a route extension that's only gonna be available for 4 hours tops.

And yes, I have done the walk. 10 minutes tops. Waited for the 82 along Kings Hwy at all hours of the day/ night. Also did the walk from Kings Plaza to Avenue D overnight...missed the bus, and walked there before the next bus came. 70% of my traveling is done overnight.

Its not a pissing contest on who did what. You always in here getting your panties in a bunch over nonsense. Its only the internet fam...

Archived