•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    - - - - -

reactive the Rockaway Beach Line

10 replies to this topic

#1 nuyorican

nuyorican
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 111 posts
    • LocationBayside, ny

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

rockaway-cutoff1a.png

Governor Cuomo next project should be to reactive the Rockaway Beach Line direct access to JFK from Midtown. Elimante congestion on Woodhaven & Crossbay.

#2 BreeddekalbL

BreeddekalbL
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,710 posts
    • LocationOriginally Brooklyn NY, Now Ft.Myers

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

i agree it fits into governor cuomo's vision of a 1 seat ride to jfk

Brian 

MCI'S FOR LIFE!

#3 125thstreet

125thstreet
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 34 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

I like it, but I was wondering are you going send it all the to Brooklyn?

#4 TheR32TransitRailfan

TheR32TransitRailfan
    • 6 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

R should end at Forest Hills and the G should go down

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

#5 LongLiveRock

LongLiveRock
    • Pip
    • 119 posts
    • Locationthe Second Avenue Subway

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

What, exactly, would this accomplish?

#6 Lawrence St

Lawrence St
    • Pip
    • 428 posts
    • LocationAlong the busiest line in the subway system.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

Hell no, if you guys remember that thing that AroundTheHorn posted a while back about the (M) to the Rockaways idea, that's the best idea for the Rockaway Beach Branch.

Edited by Lawrence St, 19 May 2017 - 03:13 PM.

#7 Mtatransit

Mtatransit
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPip
    • 701 posts
    • LocationThe lone line

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

I only want a train on the Rockaway Beach Branch, it could be the (S) Extended from Broad Channel, doesn't matter, better than no train, even with a transfer at Rego Park...

#8 LGA Link N train

LGA Link N train
    • Pip
    • 146 posts
    • LocationRego Park, 11374

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

R should end at Forest Hills and the G should go down

It's either going to be the ® the (G) the (M) or a revived (H) train which I think should run local to WTC, allowing (E) trains to branch at West 4 Street to cover as a local service on the Culver line to allow for better brooklyn express service on the (F)

What, exactly, would this accomplish?

Simple, ease congestion on Woodhaven Boulevard, eliminate long transfers from the (G) to the (E) and (M) at Court Square, reactivate an LIRR branch for the NYC subway to connect with the (A) and replace the (S) at Rockaway, possibly increasing capacity on whatever line gets sent down there. Most importantly, it would be a boon for the area's along this branch

#9 D to 96 St

D to 96 St
    • Pip
    • 84 posts
    • LocationSandwiched between Blue and Red.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

Not to be rude or anything, but why bump a thread that's been dead for more than a month? And we have a subway proposals thread specifically for these ideas.....

- :D: to 96 St

#10 RR503

RR503
    • Pip
    • 381 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

It's either going to be the ® the (G) the (M) or a revived (H) train which I think should run local to WTC, allowing (E) trains to branch at West 4 Street to cover as a local service on the Culver line to allow for better brooklyn express service on the (F)

Simple, ease congestion on Woodhaven Boulevard, eliminate long transfers from the (G) to the (E) and (M) at Court Square, reactivate an LIRR branch for the NYC subway to connect with the (A) and replace the (S) at Rockaway, possibly increasing capacity on whatever line gets sent down there. Most importantly, it would be a boon for the area's along this branch

And, pray, where is the track space for these new (G) trains? And how about for (E) trains on the 6th ave local tracks? 

IDK how long it'll take until ppl get this, but both the (G) train and Queens Boulevard are better off with (G) s ending at Court Square. 

Not to be rude or anything, but why bump a thread that's been dead for more than a month? And we have a subway proposals thread specifically for these ideas.....

- :D: to 96 St

Thank you. 

SOS -- Save Our Subways!