R160 on the (E) without A/C

R32 3838

Guess Like I was right when I said that Jamaica would treat these R160 cars Like Crap, This R160B is only a month and a half old, Sorry for the poor photos but I did the best I can:

S5032564.jpg

S5032561.jpg

S5032558.jpg

S5032569.jpg

The Car was 9186 and it like a oven in there, It looks Like (E) riders will still Raost but they will Raost in a R160.

how about when you enter to the bus.

some of the bus driver dont turn on the air conditior

on. and i never took R160 on (E) . only the car

that (E) uses is ( that i spotted R46 , R32.)

but when you enter R142 of (5) ,(2). there is no air conditioner

and they dont turn it on. R142 stinks on (2) , (5).

but you will see there air conditioner on R142 on (4) , (6)

how about when you enter to the bus.

some of the bus driver dont turn on the air conditior

on. and i never took R160 on (E) . only the car

that (E) uses is ( that i spotted R46 , R32.)

but when you enter R142 of (5) ,(2). there is no air conditioner

and they dont turn it on. R142 stinks on (2) , (5).

but you will see there air conditioner on R142 on (4) , (6)

Ok you sound like you are lost completly. No offense

Im a frequent (2)(5) Rider and the A/Cs are Always on, and it doesnt stink at all..

Every train has to have there A/Cs are on to please the customers.. In the Winter, its on with heater to help heat the train. Except underground which most of the times the heater would be turned off as its hot in the tunnel then the EL. Maybe there could be a mechanical problem with the A/C which means no A/C till its sent to shop for repair. But every train does.

And Sometimes the B/O may not turn on A/C which ether passangers complain or open window.

And I dunno how you miss the R160 (E)s cuz i see a lot more then the R40/42 and R32...

Case close

This is anecdotal.What about the other cars in this consist? Were they all without a/c?

You need to take a percentage of the NTTs on all of the lines and find those that don't have operable a/c to show me that Jamaica's R160s are in such dire shape.

R46 E Train!!!

R46's should be on the (E), I have a Strong Feeling that R46's will come back to the (E) for the Summer, If the (E) had R46's along with the (A) as well in the Futrue the (C), 8th ave would be 100% R46's.

Blame East New York for why the R42s look crappy, not Jamaica. Wear and tear on the (J) makes the R42s look the way they do now.

No. Blame the 8th Avenue line b/c it's notorious for scratchitti and graffiti. Not to mention, the first R160As that were vandalized in fact ran on 8th Avenue. When the fresh R46s that came from their SMS started running on the A, they were hit hard within their first week with scratchitti.

R46's should be on the (E), I have a Strong Feeling that R46's will come back to the (E) for the Summer, If the (E) had R46's along with the (A) as well in the Futrue the (C), 8th ave would be 100% R46's.

I couldn't agree more with you! I currently ride the A, E, F, Q, V, 3, and 7 most and it'll be excellent if the E train can get the R46s so I'll get bucket seats on all of the lines that I most frequently ride on.

The (E) use to run R46 but in 90s they switched with the R32s on the (F) and (E) got them

I remembered eather this yr or last yr the R46 were on the (E) tho..

But i doubt the (E) would go R46 as 207/Piktin may need em for the (C) when the R32s get scrapped.. Plus (MTA) wants them (E)s NTT on Jamaica..

But damn I miss the R32s on the (E)! R40/42s are so crappy they need to be sent bk on the ENY side..

R46s on the E? Rarely if at all. We know why. The E is now an R160 line, just like the N.

There are no serious problems on the E with the R160s. I'm an "elder" subway rider here. I know when the R44s were new they had all sorts of issues, the R46s as well, so newer equipment can be taken out of service until its fixed but I've not seen these problems on the NTTs. I've written R62s and R68s a few months into service that had broken a/cs in one car here and there. This is a non-issue.

Maybe the E runs R179s in 6 or 7 years or whenever they are going into service. Until that time, if the R160s don't develop any major mechanical issues, it's mostly if not all R160s on the E line.

The (E) use to run R46 but in 90s they switched with the R32s on the (F) and (E) got them

Nope, The R32's came from the (R) while the (R) got the (E)'s R46's back in 1991, If it wasn't for that the (R) would still be 100% R32's like t was from 1987-1991, When the R32's came from GOH both Phase I/II (1988-1991), JYD assigned them to the (R), The (R) was runnig both Overhauled and Unoverhauled R32's and a few on the (G) when it was 8 cars, When the R46's went to Overhaul in 1991 People on the (E) thought that the R46's were coming back but afeter the last Bacth of Phase II R32's were coming in they went directly to the (E) and stayed on the (E), The (F) also ran a few sets of R32's while the R46's were being overhauled, But after 1991 the (R) took all of the R46's from the (E) and the (E) got the ®'s R32's in return.

Here's a list of what was on Queens Bivd 1987-1991

(E): R46 with an ocasional R32

(F): Completely R46 (in 1987 the (F) tested in passenger service R68's.

(G): Mostly R32's with a few R46's

(R): Mostly R32's with an ocasional R46

1991-2001

(E) R32's with an ocasional R46

(F) Completey R46 (note When R46's went out for overhaul, The (F) used a few R32's.)

(G) Half 8 car R32's Half 6 Car R46's (example R46 A-B-B-A,A-A or A-B (6206/07).

(R) Mostly R46's with a few trainsets of R32's

Archived