Metro North Photos from 04/30/09

Not bad, but careful, there could be some weird person claiming you are breaking into the tracks, happened to me once, which i never went in lol.

But gd shots, try to expand on the MNR if you can =)! Northword..

Not bad, but careful, there could be some weird person claiming you are breaking into the tracks, happened to me once, which i never went in lol.

But gd shots, try to expand on the MNR if you can =)! Northword..

Not really a problem. On the east side of Park Ave. (where the last two shots were taken), I can just sit on the concrete structure and stick my camera through the fence and the passersby just think it's a hobby of mine. One guy even opened up his window and asked if he could see my pics, and then complimented me! :cool: The west side of the structure is a bit different, there is a good place to take pics but I have to stand and some paranoid person might thinkg I'm breaking in. While I was taking pics, one guy in a car asked me what I was doing and I said I was taking pics for a hobby. Once a police car even drove up to me (maybe the other guy called 911?), and the cop was like hey guy what are you doing here? in a casual tone. I was like taking pics, wanna see? :) And he was like ah no that's fine, you have student ID on you? I showed him and explained I was taking pics as a hobby during my free period and he was cool with it and let me be.

As for expanding, yeah, this was really the first time I focused on MN shots (I uploaded two from street level back in 2008, and got a few pics of the M8 but didn't upload, and yeah). I got a few more from the same location as you'll see when I upload my May shots tomorrow or the day after, but after this I plan on epanding more on LIRR and MNR because it's easier to get pics (aboveground/you don't have to pay to get on the platform, right?).

BTW Thanks everyone!

Guest Charles

As for expanding, yeah, this was really the first time I focused on MN shots (I uploaded two from street level back in 2008, and got a few pics of the M8 but didn't upload, and yeah). I got a few more from the same location as you'll see when I upload my May shots tomorrow or the day after, but after this I plan on epanding more on LIRR and MNR because it's easier to get pics (aboveground/you don't have to pay to get on the platform, right?).

Nope, you don't have to pay to get onto the platform.

Wait...you already got an M8 picture???

Not really a problem. On the east side of Park Ave. (where the last two shots were taken), I can just sit on the concrete structure and stick my camera through the fence and the passersby just think it's a hobby of mine. One guy even opened up his window and asked if he could see my pics, and then complimented me! :cool: The west side of the structure is a bit different, there is a good place to take pics but I have to stand and some paranoid person might thinkg I'm breaking in. While I was taking pics, one guy in a car asked me what I was doing and I said I was taking pics for a hobby. Once a police car even drove up to me (maybe the other guy called 911?), and the cop was like hey guy what are you doing here? in a casual tone. I was like taking pics, wanna see? B) And he was like ah no that's fine, you have student ID on you? I showed him and explained I was taking pics as a hobby during my free period and he was cool with it and let me be.

BTW Thanks everyone!

lol no way you have to pay inside the train with a ticket you get from the Payment Machine at a station :) . Similar to other RRs. So your free to go in or out

And thats kool you didnt get into trouble. Some people ether think its a terrorist act or saftey concern..

Archived