Yesterday's SMEE Fleet At jamaica

R32 3838

Yesterday As I rode the R32 (V) I was lurking around The QB Line to see what was on the (E)/(F)/®:

I will start with the (E):

Mostly R160A/B Note 9223-9232 in service on the (E)

Only 2 Trainsets of R40M/42 Mixes

The (F):

Half R160A/B

Mostly R46

2 Trainsets of R40M/42 Mixes 1 set had 2 cars with broken A/C

The (R):

Mostly R46

2 Rush Hour Put-In R40M/R42 Mixes

The (V):

3 Trainsets Of R32's (note: 1 was taken Out of service unknown Reason, The 2nd set with 3511 had mostly (F) signs with a few (V) signs and 3510/11 does have the (V) sign)

mostly R40M/42 Mixes

2 R46 trainsets

Due to that R32 taken out there was a 20 minute gap on the (V) line yesterday, That 3rd set had 3922 in the s end motor.

By Monday the Signs on the R32's will be in correct order:

Note there are Atleast 46-48 R32's still at jamaica

Also: 4 R32's,4 R40M and 2 R42's have left the JYD for retierment, The train passed by 8pm at 71st ave while running down the stairs, Sorry I couldint get the Numbers:

So I would say about 48 R32's are still at Jamaica:

3-4 (30-40 cars)Trainsets could run ,4 cars are in Work Service 3677/76,3747/46 is doing Refuse work (garbage Train) while 4 cars are in the yard for spares. I am saying this because 3 Trainsets were on the (V) the 3rd trainset had different Numbers, The R32 (F) head car was 3933, The Head car of the 3rd R32 (V) was 3922, so they can run 4 trainsets. Jamaica just took 8 R32 cars for retirement

Jamaica is doing the most confusing retirements, They get rid of what's bad 1st.

So in this case, we will see about 1/3 of the R32 fleet in service by September or some time around. But next year I dread, because the R32s will retire!

Question: Is it just the R-32's on the Queens Blvd/6th Avenue/Culver Lines are going to retire? Or the R-32's on the (C) as well?

I think they gonna get rid of the Jamaica R32s first and then -the (C).

Question: Is it just the R-32's on the Queens Blvd/6th Avenue/Culver Lines are going to retire? Or the R-32's on the (C) as well?

Jamica's are going 1st, Then when the R32/R46 swap happpens in the Fall the (A) will have most of the R32's while the (C) has Most of the R46's.

But It could all change if the Jamaica R32's goes to ENY to replace their R42's.

Jamica's are going 1st, Then when the R32/R46 swap happpens in the Fall the (A) will have most of the R32's while the (C) has Most of the R46's.

But It could all change if the Jamaica R32's goes to ENY to replace their R42's.

Good. At least the R32's will be on the (A)

Im so gonna miss the R32s on the (C)!

Anyways Im guessing for fast access to 207 scrapping area the r32s.. But once the R32s on the (A) gets retired slowly, what will replace em? The rest of the R46 off Jamaica?

Anyways Im guessing for fast access to 207 scrapping area the r32s.. But once the R32s on the (A) gets retired slowly, what will replace em? The rest of the R46 off Jamaica?

Yes, but the process is going to be very slow. First, the A's five or so R46 trainsets would swap for 50 R32s. These 50 R32s would then join the 20 or so R32s already on the A. Then, more R46s would come into the C and that's when the retirement process begins; one trainset of R46s would bump another 10 R32s into the A, then 10 R32s already on the A would head to the reef. Once all the trains have been replaced on the C, the remaining R46s would then head to the A to perform direct replacements. The R44s should be staying on the A for the duration of the replacement as it wouldn't make sense for the A to be entirely 60 ft trains.

Archived