Witness: Long Island Rail Road engineer allows passenger operate train!

CPBO

No accidents, so the passenger did a good job. Goes to show, it ain't hard to operate a train. Just following the rules, and stopping it is........

Jackass engineer will lose their job. Their ain't anything the union can do for that reckless act........

thats what i was gonna stay at least there was no accident.but thenagain you cant just let anyone do that.

If the driver was supervising the passenger and telling them what to do I don't see what's wrong with letting them drive the train, but at the same time the passenger could have easily pulled out a gun and took the train hostage or did some sort of terrorist act.

Maybe if it was a child because children like those types of things.

If the driver was supervising the passenger and telling them what to do I don't see what's wrong with letting them drive the train, but at the same time the passenger could have easily pulled out a gun and took the train hostage or did some sort of terrorist act.

Maybe if it was a child because children like those types of things.

Taking Of The Hunterspoint 123?

This is a BS story, Either A: you will never hear about the true outcome and it wont be in the media spotlight again because the person reported to police it was wrong or B: you will see it was never even a passenger who was driving a train, it was probably another engineer if this really happened.

Another psssibility is that the "civilian" was a trainee T/O. If such a person was smart, he would probably railfan his assigned line for a period of a few weeks to get a feel for it. This may simply have been a day or two before he was due to begin work on the line and an older T/O allowed him to take command of the train for a stretch to get his feet wet. I see this relatively often on buses; a new B/O will be behind the wheel with a veteran in the front seat giving him constant feedback.

Investigators are searching for the passenger, described as an adult man, who was spotted taking control of the train.

OMG! I know somebody who looks like that! Let's knab him!

*Grabs the man*

Sorry Dad but you fit a description...

The media is annoying:(

Archived