Wrapped GC-TS Shuttle, for TNT's Dark Blue

tamasrepus

Shots of a parked Grand-Central-Times Square (S). I originally saw this 3 wks ago during a commute, but didn't have a camera on me at the time. The train's out of service so unfortunately I couldn't get any good shots of the train's interior.

The full-body advertisement is for a new TNT television show, Dark Blue.

3733654357_7c4b58a136_b.jpg

3734441250_67392e1a8d_b.jpg

3734449050_47cd3abe1e_b.jpg

They should really expand this to other lines.

I hope your kidden on all lines lol, cuz it would take away the original looks of the cars. =|

But maybe the rest of the (S) can use em.

I hope your kidden on all lines lol, cuz it would take away the original looks of the cars. =|

But maybe the rest of the (S) can use em.

If buses can have ADs on the sides, why can't trains? I'm all for this especially if brings costs to the commuters down.

If buses can have ADs on the sides, why can't trains? I'm all for this especially if brings costs to the commuters down.

well then you/others support it but others like me dont. Who would wanna see an R160 filled with these and they brand new? Its not going to be the same. Plus doesnt this lead to graffiti?, even thos its against the (MTA).

I am afraid he's talking about wrapping an entire car with ads. That has never been done on buses, AFAIK, not to an extent where every millimetre of space on the bus front, back and inside is wrapped with ads.

I am afraid he's talking about wrapping an entire car with ads. That has never been done on buses, AFAIK, not to an extent where every millimetre of space on the bus front, back and inside is wrapped with ads.

Yup thats what I mean

As for buses, Ive seen em on the Liberty Line buses(Now MTAB) before 2005. And I dunno if the TMC RTS Metrocard Bus counts lol...

Yup thats what I mean

As for buses, Ive seen em on the Liberty Line buses(Now MTAB) before 2005. And I dunno if the TMC RTS Metrocard Bus counts lol...

Well to be technical, the Metrocard Bus is an example. But it's done deliberately to indicate that it is non-revenue and is for vending purposes.

well then you/others support it but others like me dont. Who would wanna see an R160 filled with these and they brand new? Its not going to be the same. Plus doesnt this lead to graffiti?, even thos its against the (MTA).
If it brings down operating costs for the MTA, yes, they can wrap every R160 if it's done tastefully like this.

I think it would spce up some of the older cars if it was done with as much taste as on the shuttle. As mark1447 pointed out, the one caveat is that graffiti may be harder to clean off with the new coatings.
would be easier, they would just replace the vinyl ADs. It also protects the metal since it's not being painted on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived