Roger Toussaint's ex-ally ousted, back to driving a bus

Harry

Transit union boss Roger Toussaint is booting a longtime ally and high-ranking official from the union hall back to driving a bus, the Daily News has learned.

J.P. Patafio had been part of Toussaint's inner circle since the late 1990s - and was strike coordinator for all of Brooklyn during the Christmastime 2005 walkout.

But in this year's election for control of Transport Workers Union Local 100, Patafio and Toussaint are on different tracks.

Toussaint, who is not running for a fourth term, backs a slate of candidates led by his handpicked successor and other members of his administration.

Patafio has put together a much smaller slate of independent candidates.

A Toussaint spokesman declined to comment. Patafio wasn't so reticent.

"This is dirty politics ... tyrannical politics," Patafio said.

This year, Toussaint took a job with the international union and picked Curtis Tate to be acting president of Local 100.

The local's executive board agreed, and Tate is running for the presidency.

Full story: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/08/04/2009-08-04_toussaints_exally_now_feeling_busted.html#ixzz0NDQcqBV8

post-1-133288580683_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288580683_thumb.jpg

Being he was on release time, his job was 'redlined'. When we pick job assignments, union people on union release time go on the union payroll, but still maintain seniority rights & pick jobs. Their job is highlighted in red pen, and somebody with less seniority can pick the same job, with the understanding, if that individual back off release time, they reclaim their picked job, and the junior man goes to the extra list.. I wonder why the big deal over this guy, almost everyone who started with Roger got booted out by him eventually..

If word around the system is correct, alot of United Invincible union officials are done, and will be back to their old posts..........

That's if the ballots cast are used. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fire, theft, accident & somehow the ballots were affected.. I really want to know why more of a stink wasn't made by the Exec Brd about holding the ballots till December to be counted. If Bush tried passing something similar, I'm sure Dems would have marched on DC.. Plus, with the "Highest voter response in the history of Local 100" for the prior voting with electronic/online ballots, why not make that the standard procedure? Too hard to tamper with?

Archived